Contenders Work on Sat. Morning

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Kentucky Derby contenders workouts at Churchill Downs:

Godolphin’s pair of Kentucky Derby hopefuls, Regal Ransom and Desert Party, are on the worktab today.

Group 2 UAE Derby winner Regal Ransom breezed five furlongs in :59.80 (4/28), and Group 3 UAE 2000 Guineas winner Desert Party breezed five furlongs in 1:00.20 (6/28). The fastest work at the distance as of this posting belonged to Flaming Slew, a 4-year-old who breezed in :59.60.

Grade II Illinois Derby winner Musket Man also worked, breezing six furlongs in 1:13.00 (1/3).

At Palm Meadows, Dunkirk worked five furlongs in :59.90 (1/12), handily, and stable mate Checklist, who's being pointed to the Derby Trial, worked five furlongs in :59.90 (1/12), handily.

--Updated 10:06 a.m. ET

Grade II Arkansas Derby winner Papa Clem will work seven furlongs on Sunday at Churchill, according to trainer Gary Stute.

D. Wayne Lukas said Flying Private, an also-ran in the Arkansas Derby after finishing second in the Grade II Lane's End Stakes, would work Monday or Tuesday at Churchill, and that he was leaning toward the latter.

Grade I Wood Memorial winner I Want Revenge is scheduled for a Tuesday work at Churchill.

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    gee 59.4 breezeeeeeeeeeeee is that like a 1:12.4 i don't think sooo, better take that bar shoe off q-road & put more glue on your crack. the oil man is knocking on the door ...time to pay up ... Alan remember the belmont .. same thing ...all those big cappers don't think you got the balls to do it again .....cake walk ....easy money ...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    quality road is so much better than these 149 plodders......he could beat this weak field jogging. this is the weakest group i have seen since 2005.