Sunday (April 19) play from Discreet Picks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Might as well make it official...

Aqueduct - Race 4

#5 Half a Surprise (5/2 ml)

Been waiting on this horse to run back. We got robbed last time out @ odds of nearly 8/1, as this sister to Halfbridled was much the best at Gulfstream, but got buried in traffic and couldn't get out until it was way too late. Incredibly, she was still able to make it close after taking off like she had a rocket tied to her ass, missing by a fast-diminishing neck and then going clear immediately after the wire. Just a brutal, brutal beat. Unfortunately, the secret is out now, but fortunately one of the horses who beat her is in this race as well. So hopefully that one will pull some money. Worth mentioning that this filly had worked heads-up with Pletcher's rising star Affirmatif prior to that one's impressive debut win. Expecting a big effort here.

HRT record:

55 for 192 (29%)

$467.80 mutuels ($8.51 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Second @ 4/5 after another terrible ride. Unreal.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    The Horse that beat him 21-1 @ Gulfstream will run inthe 9th ( Hooked On Hope ) trained by the same guy that just beat him again @ 37-1 odds. ( Barclay Tagg )
  • edited April 2009
    The Horse Thar Beat Him Is By An A Plus Turf Sire Stormy Atlantic Me And My Buddies Had Him.....im Crushing Keeneland 2 Supers..early Double And Have A Live $5.00 Pick 4 Ticket Going..just Had Leparoux Wire To Wire For $200.00 On His Nose Returned $6.40.....easy Game...
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    i smell a rat i bet tagg and lezcano in 3rd at gulf 4-5 right in the shitter glad i went to beach i feel better now.
  • edited April 2009
    Dunco.....i Like The New Pic..good Job...to Bad You Cant Pick Horses...frogman Was Superman At Keeneland Today....
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    I Threw A Dart Today.........pissed Off Yesterday...i Can't Beleve The Ride Pardo Gave Sq-ed He Should Of Got Days For Stupitity..........so What He Get Dunkirk.........i Bet He Got Choke Marks On His Neck.........