Preliminary Derby Picks

hue21998hue21998 Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Here is where my homework has brought me thus far.
** Subject to change due to either post position draws. I will stay away from the 1,10,18,19,20 posts for the top of my tickets. Also final works will have to be very good.

$50 w/p I Want Revenge, Summer Bird
$3 ex box IWR, SUM BIR with IWR, SUM BIR, PON, Mr HS, C. Candy, Q Road and Gen Quar
$2 tri- IWR, SUM BIR\ with\ IWR, SUM BIR, PON, Mr HS, C. Candy, Q Road and Gen Quar
\with\ IWR, SUM BIR, PON, Mr HS, C. Candy, Q Road and Gen Quar, Papa Clem

I will look at again after final works and post positions for any adjustments.

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Summer Bird ? Good Luck Hue...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    i like that hue...Thats the kind of wager that puts a couple grand in the pocket. you playing a pick 6 that day hue or are you leaving it alone?
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    im more for playing a group of supers for the derby with their payout potentials.
    a bunch of $1 ones with 3 horses off a key horse costing 6 bucks each. Ill prob play like 10 of em with a couple with even (yes Draynay) qr on top of a few horses, SB on top, iwr on top papa clem on top and maybe a couple others.
    edited April 2009
    its a solid play because if you can get lucky you can bank a few bucks. The year afleet alex ran the tri and sup paid nice...as stupid as this may sound throw square eddie on the bottom of 1 or 2. He may suprise a few people and hit the board.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hue Are You Not Betting Big Brown Because Of The Quater Crack?
    edited April 2009
    Man!!!! thanks for the news dunco I did not know the 2008 derby winner had a quarter crack...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    im more for playing a group of supers for the derby with their payout potentials.
    a bunch of $1 ones with 3 horses off a key horse costing 6 bucks each. Ill prob play like 10 of em with a couple with even (yes Draynay) qr on top of a few horses, SB on top, iwr on top papa clem on top and maybe a couple others.

Whatever you do ... don't bet a dime on Papa Clem. He is a very tired horse and will not be ready come Derby Day. He may even be a late scratch.:sleepy:
    edited April 2009
    he will run i think stutes is just wanting to run a derby horse...I dont like him either draynay...agreed
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    yes the quarter crack got me too scared. if BB ran with it i would have to bet the jock would feel sumtin wrong and maybe even pull him up