This is it for the Derby ? Wow...

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I looked over the starters for the Kentucky Derby and this struck me right away.

The horses below have run 1 Beyer over 95 or none at all.

Advice
Chocolate Candy
Desert Party
Regal Ransom
General Quarters
Hold Me Back
Mine that Bird
Summer Bird
Musket Man
Papa Clem
Square Eddie
West Side Bernie
PIONEER OF THE NILE

Horses that have run over a 100 Beyer more than once.

Quality Road, I Want Revenge.............that is it !

Where is all the talent ??? This is it ? How are horses that can't break 95 going to deal with horses that break 110 ? :idoit:

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Draynay....is This New To You But I Thought People On This Board Already Talked About The East Coast Beyer Bias....just Note That Potn Easily Beat Iwr So Beyers To Me Right Now Mean As Much As Toilet Paper...wipe And Throw Away...lol
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    Pioneerof the Nile has already beaten I Want Revenge twice. But I guess those didn't count.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    About the only one shaking his head would be Andy himself and oh yea, Draynay too lol
  • edited April 2009
    Draynay........................dont You Dare Bet A Dime On This Derby You Have Been Blinkered On And Soley Focused On The Horse You Loved Now That He Isnt Running,a Good Thing I Might Add For The Horses Sake....skip It.............between Oaks And Derby There Is Plenty Of Action There For You........................or Do What I Suggested A Month Ago...take Rachel Wheel Her Into The Derby Field In Doubles And Come Back With Large Doubles On Your Top 3 Derby Picks.............it Sounds Good Dont It Considering Everyone In America Figures Rachel Cant Lose.......
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    nothing wrong with a back wheel only $14 a pop if you catch a freak it can save you the money the next day instead of a win bet you can back him up .... remember 3yr old fillies are like 13 year girls....very fickle.......i don't see any value in Rachel everybody is on that wagon ... doubles might pay less then the derby winner...........
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    Draynay........................dont You Dare Bet A Dime On This Derby You Have Been Blinkered On And Soley Focused On The Horse You Loved Now That He Isnt Running,a Good Thing I Might Add For The Horses Sake....skip It.............between Oaks And Derby There Is Plenty Of Action There For You........................or Do What I Suggested A Month Ago...take Rachel Wheel Her Into The Derby Field In Doubles And Come Back With Large Doubles On Your Top 3 Derby Picks.............it Sounds Good Dont It Considering Everyone In America Figures Rachel Cant Lose.......

I am taking RA and Dunkirk for the Oaks/Derby double.... let me know who you are going with and lets meet back here and see who did better.:smoking:
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    though i been bustin on QR the whole prep time i do gotta admit if had been 6-1 may have been the best value play of the derby. with the double i cant put all the eggs under the same ass jus in case it happen to be a lil stinky that morn. Im gonna do RA and the 2nd favorite and wheel the derby field for a buck.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    I am taking RA and Dunkirk for the Oaks/Derby double.... let me know who you are going with and lets meet back here and see who did better.:smoking:

you better throw in a $20 ra --sq.ed double to cover our bet ...it should pay $100.. but then again sq ed dosen't have to win just has to be ahead q-road and dunkirk.. he already half way home . you better take out your wip
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    you better throw in a $20 ra --sq.ed double to cover our bet ...it should pay $100.. but then again sq ed dosen't have to win just has to be ahead q-road and dunkirk.. he already half way home . you better take out your wip

Square Eddie is not running... get over it.:smoking:
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Square Eddie is not running... get over it.:smoking:

YOU WISH ALL YOU WANT BUT HE IS AND LOOK FOR HIM IHE'S THE ONE IN FRONT OF DUMBKIRT
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Dude.... he is out just stop it.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Dude.... he is out just stop it.

I just got off the phone with two clockers from CH and they didn't state anything regarding SE at all. I received some nice info tonight and where are you getting this info from?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Let's just say my sources are better. A 50 second workout since his last race was a clue.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Let's just say my sources are better. A 50 second workout since his last race was a clue.

THE JOCKEY SAID HE WENT SLOW SO ED COULD SIGN A GET WELL CARD FOR YOUR NAG..

I thought it was an awesome work,” Doug O’Neill said afterward. “We’re very pleased with it. We know we’re asking a lot of this horse, but we think he’s up to it. Obviously, when you want a horse to come back in two weeks (off his third-place finish in the Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland on April 18) following a three-month break in his racing schedule (his prior start was the San Rafael at Santa Anita on Jan. 17) to run in a race as tough as the Kentucky Derby, you’re asking a lot. The only way you could do that is to think you’ve got a ‘super’ horse. And in our minds that’s what he is – a ‘super’ horse.”
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Yeah... great work... he is out of the Derby.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »

Pay up !!! :thumbup1:
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    as soon as dunkirk makes it past the finish line ....ever see them DNF OR ( LATE SCRATCH...I hope not )