Best Performance Ever !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Secretariat Belmont 1973 = Rachel Alexandra Oaks 2009

There is not much to say except that performance reminded me of the Belmont in 1973 except had they gone the full 1 1/2 like in the Belmont Rachel would have won by 40.

Simply unreal.:clap:

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    wheeling with the field for an exacta would have been a great bet with the small amount of horses and the exacta paying $45 with a way below 1-1 on top.
  • geauxcrotigersgeauxcrotigers Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    WOW just WOW what else can you say.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Now I just need Dunkirk to finish this thing up and I have my Oaks Derby Double !!! Go get'em Dunkirk.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2009
    Maybe they should have run her in the Derby.
    edited May 2009
    Certainly with some of the bigger guns scratched from the derby (though that may not have mattered) she would have had a hell of a shot!!
    edited May 2009
    Draynay stop peeing your pants over there I dont want to have to ask Dunco to send you diapers.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Maybe they should have run her in the Derby.

She was never nominated.

That was something incredibly special. Hope all appreciate what they saw.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    In your post you said Dunkirk Didn't have a chance now your on him I'm not getting kicked of this Forum for my thoughts.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    InTheFog wrote: »
    In your post you said Dunkirk Didn't have a chance now your on him I'm not getting kicked of this Forum for my thoughts.

The best horses are no longer in the Derby so that leaves Dunkirk.... I am not a fan of the horse but you have to face facts when he is clearly the best horse in the race.

After the Fountain I was all over Quality Road but when he went down I had to go with the next best thing and that is Dunkirk by a wide margin. This is a year of very average horses running in the Derby and Dunkirk is clearly the best left. The clock doesn't lie.
    edited May 2009
    Draynay good luck tommorrow i do hope t least one of us here wins a boatload tommorrow.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2009
    2W2P2S wrote: »
    She was never nominated.

Any chance she can run in the Preakness?
    edited May 2009
    I think their owners have been pretty clear that girls belong with gorls and boys with boys. It would have to be a change of heart for sure.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    She will not race in a Triple Crown race but maybe later something may happen. Stay tuned.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I wanna see her and zenyatta go nose for nose....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Dude... I don't want to sound ...... man.... there isn't a healthy horse that can stay within 3 lengths of her. Zenyatta ? Not on her best day.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    that's why i play the ponies......to see champs like that run!!!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    If she did that @ Santa Anita, she'd probably get a 107 Beyer.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Draynay, I'm with you with Dunkirk like I've been since day one. DC knows that. But when it comes to Zenyatta, Girl the boys can't even hang with her. Rachel Alexandra right now just isn't fast enough yet. Let her continue to develope then we can talk about her being able to beat, The REAL Horse of the Year ( NOT CURLIN ) Zenyatta. People lets not get carried away. Let her stick with the 3 yrolds before we all start pushing for a head to head Zen. vs Alex. cause we don't want to see another Great Filly breaking down. That's what will happen to Alex. if they throw her in against Zenyatta. It was an outstanding performance, yesterday.
    edited May 2009
    unfortunately, and not saying they would have beat her at her best, but it would have been nice to see a healthy stardom bound and justwhistledixie at their best so at least we could have seen a horse race.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    cinfront wrote: »
    Draynay, I'm with you with Dunkirk like I've been since day one. DC knows that. But when it comes to Zenyatta, Girl the boys can't even hang with her. Rachel Alexandra right now just isn't fast enough yet. Let her continue to develope then we can talk about her being able to beat, The REAL Horse of the Year ( NOT CURLIN ) Zenyatta. People lets not get carried away. Let her stick with the 3 yrolds before we all start pushing for a head to head Zen. vs Alex. cause we don't want to see another Great Filly breaking down. That's what will happen to Alex. if they throw her in against Zenyatta. It was an outstanding performance, yesterday.

Dude... there has never been a filly like RACHEL ALEXANDRA..... not since 1969 anyway. Zenyatta is a very very good horse but she is not anywhere near as good as Rachel. They don't have to even race to see that.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Dude... there has never been a filly like RACHEL ALEXANDRA..... not since 1969 anyway.

I guess that means she's better than Ruffian.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    I will never forget that Belmont match race as long as I live. I remember waiting all day to watch it on TV. Racing never recovered from that match race. She was a great horse but she never won like Rachel did yesterday in a G1 race in a hand ride.

Ruffian was a beautiful black front running monster.... sound familiar ? She is the first thing that came to mind when Rachel pulled away in stretch.

Don't look back.... history is happening right here and now.