My Derby Pick

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
#11 Chocolate Candy

Might not be fast enough but who really is in this race? Dunkirk? Who ran on a jacked up Gulfstream park on Florida Derby day. No Thanks. If you look at CC latest 7 beyer figures this horse is improving every race. I usually dont rely to much on Beyers speed figures but in this case he is improving and I think he is sitting on a big race. Got fanned 5 wide in his latest and still was coming on at the end. I also like the way he was trained up to the derby. First work at CD was at a mile and then he tightened the horse up with 5 furlongs recently. The one thing that I dont really like is the fact (Like someone else stated in the forum) It took him a few times to break his madien. I discard the first try cause it was at 4 1/2 furlongs but it still took him 3 times after that race. He did get the positive jockey switch with Smith and should be somewhere around 15-1 or so today. Im going to key him in with a few horses. I have a future wager on him from pool 1 at 29-1 so might leave the win ticket out of it.

Longshot play: #1 West Side Bernie

Whenever I look at the form with this horse all I see is the fact that this horse has:
-1. Run the distance of ground every race
-2. Broke his madien on first asking (Which I think is always a plus)
-3. Has run in 6 races after breaking his madien and all 6 have been graded stakes. Other than the Lanes End? This horse has showed up for every race. Gotta a feeling when they cross the wire he is going to be somewhere in the mix.
-4. Threw a 101 beyer figure in his latest

Good luck I hope everyone makes some $$$ today!

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Good luck today Mike
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    CC ??? Only if the track comes up fast. If its wet at Derby time I am tossing CC for FF on the bottom of my tickets.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    i'm with you....
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    both dual quif....
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    My original pick was POTN. Had him as my best bet in the Breeders Cup. But watching the way the horse has run lately, Yeah he has won all of his races but it seems to me they way he is running close to the lead, taking the lead in the backstretch in his last, then drooping back a few and coming on again. I dunno just seems like the horse is not focused enough. I guess we will see today. GL