Mine That Bird On To The Preakness

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Big Drama will be waiting.... I think you are going to see what a fluke this whole thing really was. Mine That Bird ? No way....not buying it.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    not one horse has come off that bad track at gulfstream and even hit the board......0-12..............
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    I do not see any dominate horses in the race.....Big drama isnt he another horse that ran on the concrete at the gulf!!!!!!!Form hasnt been holding up to good.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    A Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    InTheFog wrote: »
    A Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

musket man needs some birdshot
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Big Drama will not let a horse finish in front of him and there is nothing cheap about his speed.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Big decision for Big Drama
    By Mary Rampellini
    GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - Big Drama will make his next start in either the Grade 3, $400,000 Lone Star Derby or the Preakness, with a course of action to be decided after he works at his Calder base on Monday, trainer David Fawkes said.

The Lone Star Derby, at 1 1/16 miles, will be run May 9, while the Grade 1, $1 million Preakness is at Pimlico on May 16.

Big Drama figures to be the favorite if he goes in the Lone Star Derby following his performance in the Grade 2 Swale at Gulfstream Park. He finished first in the seven-furlong race - running the distance in track-record time of 1:20.80 - but was disqualified and placed second for interference in the stretch. Big Drama earned a career-best Beyer Figure of 108.

"He's doing super good," Fawkes said Friday. "We'll work him Monday morning, then make a decision whether it's Lone Star or the Preakness."

Fawkes said Eibar Coa, who was aboard Big Drama in the Swale and for his win in the Grade 3, $750,000 Delta Jackpot back in December, would breeze Big Drama.

Lone Star stakes coordinator Mike Shamburg said he is hoping for a field of nine to 11 horses for the Lone Star Derby. Among those he considers probable for the race are Terrain, who was fourth in the Grade 1 Blue Grass at Keeneland on April 11; Kelly Leak, the winner of the Sunland Park Derby on March 29; and Scorewithcater, who was third in the Sunland Derby.

Trainer Steve Asmussen said earlier this week he plans to start Uno Mas, who was second in the $75,000 Northern Spur at Oaklawn on April 11, and Galloping Gulch, a recent allowance winner at Lone Star.

The Lone Star Derby will share a card with two 3-year-old divisions of the $125,000 Texas Stallion Stakes.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    It Dosn't Matter He A Hurt Horse , If You Could See This Horse After The Fl Race You Would Feel Sorry For Him And Then They Dq Him ...
  • djlocksdjlocks Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Mine that Bird should mind his own business and stay out of the preakness. Maybe a third place finish at best.