Why Did You Bet Mine That Bird . . . if you did

TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I'd love to hear your rationale for having the winner on Saturday.

Nothing in the form, including speed figs, company line, recent form, or workouts could have pointed to him as a the winner.

The Birdstone Line ? Borel ?

Why did YOU play Mine that Bird ?

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    TurfCapper wrote: »
    I'd love to hear your rationale for having the winner on Saturday.

Nothing in the form, including speed figs, company line, recent form, or workouts could have pointed to him as a the winner.

The Birdstone Line ? Borel ?

Why did YOU play Mine that Bird ?

The guy sitting next to me hit the Derby and several others that day because he bets Calvin EVERY race.... he sat next to us counting his money when the Derby came up he had a win ticket on him again !!! He told ALL of us starting on the first race to just bet Calvin.... but did we listen......nooooooooooooooo !!! :drinking:
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited May 2009
    I was in turn 1 at the derby and my buddy put $100 to win on him based on Borel and that he was one of the two biggest longshots. My buddy was up $800 going in race 11. I went to the window with him and he collected $5,100. I also had The Nile #16 top and bottom in $1 exactas and threw the #8 in due to Borel. My $1 exacta 8-16 paid over $1,000.

It is far better to be lucky then good.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    I Ask The Same ? An Hr Ago? But No Post
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    cabster13 wrote: »
    I was in turn 1 at the derby and my buddy put $100 to win on him based on Borel and that he was one of the two biggest longshots. My buddy was up $800 going in race 11. I went to the window with him and he collected $5,100. I also had The Nile #16 top and bottom in $1 exactas and threw the #8 in due to Borel. My $1 exacta 8-16 paid over $1,000.

It is far better to be lucky then good.

You will know how much I won or lost next year because I am placing a 100 bucks on Borel to win every race.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    i my self went with the jockey....borel is rank by me as the 6 best jockey at the downs....(by me)
    he knows that track better than anyone else in the race excpt for brigmohan who i rank 3rd.

but the facts are on this horse are :
    1. he was the 2 year old champ in canada last year
    2. he had some poor races, but had the graded earnings to still get into the race
    3. he had 2 prep races, coming off a lay-off....
    ======================================================================================
    the race : that was the fastest i have ever seen a 50-1 shot run!!!!!
  • djlocksdjlocks Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    I through him in there to place along with a couple of other horses. There is always some horse that screws up my exacta box and for whatever reason I like to throw in a few horses with odds to place to hedge my exacta box. Obviously I should have just included the 8 in my exacta box. :cry:
  • TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited May 2009
    I'm no expert, and this certainly isn't an accusation, but if ever a horse was juiced for a race, Mine that Bird looked like it. He was the only horse passing anyone in the stretch, and did it with such ease that it really makes you wonder.

Maybe the horse just loved the mucky racetrack, maybe he was always ment to come from way back like Silky Sullivan, and no one had figured it out yet.

I'm also wondering if we should just toss out all the Polytrack speed figures, because the Beyers just don't match up with the race he ran. I can see POTN's high 90's translating to a winning derby figure, but the Bird's jump from 80 is crazy.

Does anyone have a Beyer for his race in the Derby ???
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    What Kind Of Chance Did The Nag Have Off That 24-47........musket Man Ran Huge......
  • ironfreehorseironfreehorse Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    My boyfriend's friend's girlfriend bet on Mind That Bird simply because he is a New Mexico horse.

I should have bet on the horse, because there was nothing physically wrong with the horse. I have worked with a vet for awhile, and so I learned to read horse's body language. Now, I notice little details of hints of soreness in horses (It really does work), and there was nothing wrong with Mind That Bird physically, he just didn't look good on papers. I bet on Pioneer of the Nile (sorry, can't remember exactly how to write his name) and he came in second........I should have done win-place
  • edited May 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    You will know how much I won or lost next year because I am placing a 100 bucks on Borel to win every race.

I HEARD HE WILL BE RIDING "QUALITY-ROAD" IN THE DERBY AT ZIA PARK...LOL....

I CANT BELIEVE YOU HAVENT FOUND A TALL BLDG. YET..LOL