Sounds Ridiculous but is Borel Buzzing Horses?

mr fraisemr fraise Junior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hello I have been watching horses for over 25 years and I HAVE NEVER EVER seen horses accelerate the way Calvin Borels horses do and 98% of them only do it at Churchill up the Rail I know it sounds Far Fetched but I never seen anything like it there are some great Jockeys out there and know one in this country can get a Horse to do what Calvin Does what do you Fellas Think?? Mr Fraise

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lou-e-ville Lighting............
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    Lou-e-ville Lighting............

Dunco, Is that a Yellowfin, Foutain, or Jupiter for your avatar. My partner just bought a 38' Jupiter with trip 350's and it arrives this week.
  • studakotastudakota Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone believe that Calvin WANTED to be squeezed back at the start? I think not. His first quarter was around 27.5, he knew his only shot was to hug the rail. He had won a couple races earlier on the rail and probably thought himself the luckiest jock in the world as all the big name horses and jocks were doing battle out there in the mud/slop. It looked to these eyes that the inside was like beach sand and his horse loved it. Many jocks would have quit after that start. Give credit to the terrific "Ride of the Desperate, but smart, Jockey". Do I think he'll win the preakness? Not even close as they'll never GIVE him the inside,as they did in the Derby.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Dunco, Is that a Yellowfin, Foutain, or Jupiter for your avatar. My partner just bought a 38' Jupiter with trip 350's and it arrives this week.

NOT MINE JUST HAPPEN TO SEE "LET IT RIDE"... (IT'S FOR SALE ) TRIP 350??? I GOT SOME CUBANS THAT NEED A RIDE ........ONE WAY....
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    studakota wrote: »
    Does anyone believe that Calvin WANTED to be squeezed back at the start? I think not. His first quarter was around 27.5, he knew his only shot was to hug the rail. He had won a couple races earlier on the rail and probably thought himself the luckiest jock in the world as all the big name horses and jocks were doing battle out there in the mud/slop. It looked to these eyes that the inside was like beach sand and his horse loved it. Many jocks would have quit after that start. Give credit to the terrific "Ride of the Desperate, but smart, Jockey". Do I think he'll win the preakness? Not even close as they'll never GIVE him the inside,as they did in the Derby.

LIVE BIG OR DIE QUICK ON THE RAIL...ASK ANGEL..HE WAS THE BEST TILL IT ATE HIM UP..THE FROG MIGHT BE NEXT... WITH ALL THE BIG MONEY RACES NOWADAYS WHY SHOULD THEY TAKE A CHANCE? THATS ANOTHER REASON WHY GOMEZ STAYED ON PON WIDE WIDE AND WIDER..
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    he tooked a chance, and it paid off.....1 bad spill and he will knock that dare-devil shit off.....