Trainer's License

ironfreehorseironfreehorse Junior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hello Everybody

I want to get a trainer’s license, so that I can train TB race horses. I currently train dressage horses, show-jumpers, trail horses. I also work with young horses and ride Polocrosse. And I ran track myself. Now, I am looking to add a racehorse or two to my training operation.

What are the requirements on getting the trainer’s license?
I know there is a test, what should I expect on it?
Any advice?

Thanks
:peace:

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Depends on who you ask in racing. Some of the 1st questions could be but not limited to
    1. Do you know what snake venum is
    2. How do you sneak into the back door of the Barn
    3. What jocks will take bribes
    4. What chemicals can be snuck into different tracks
    5. What steroids dont they test for
  • ironfreehorseironfreehorse Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    Depends on who you ask in racing. Some of the 1st questions could be but not limited to
    1. Do you know what snake venum is
    2. How do you sneak into the back door of the Barn
    3. What jocks will take bribes
    4. What chemicals can be snuck into different tracks
    5. What steroids dont they test for

Thanks, didn't expect anything like that. Good to know :)
  • edited May 2009
    Ironfreehorse..................the Best Suggestion I Would Give You Since You No The Difference Between One End Of The Horse And The Other Already...lol.....i Would Go To Your Local Tb. Track Make Contact With A Local Trainer,and He Will Give You The Straight Skinny On Whats Required To Get Your License...................what State Are You In ????
  • ironfreehorseironfreehorse Junior Member
    edited May 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    Ironfreehorse..................the Best Suggestion I Would Give You Since You No The Difference Between One End Of The Horse And The Other Already...lol.....i Would Go To Your Local Tb. Track Make Contact With A Local Trainer,and He Will Give You The Straight Skinny On Whats Required To Get Your License...................what State Are You In ????

I am in New Mexico. I actually stopped by the track today and talked to a guy there at the office track. He told me to call the NM Racing Comission and get the most current rule book from them. He also said that the NMRC will let me know when they hold tests
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited May 2009
    I am in New Mexico. I actually stopped by the track today and talked to a guy there at the office track. He told me to call the NM Racing Comission and get the most current rule book from them. He also said that the NMRC will let me know when they hold tests

I HEAR IF YOU BREAK A LEG AND RACE AT SUNLAND YOU GOT A SHOT AT WINNING THE DERBY.........GOOD LUCK...BUT GIVE IT YOUR ALL...NOTHING WORTH HAVING COMES EASY..