Going to Calder Today

jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I could use some good opinions....held my own in Vegas last weekend and then went back to Cali on Sunday and stopped at Hollywood Park for a few races....I cannot believe what a dump that place is....the neighboorhood it's in is scary.....Gulfstream is a palace compared to that rundown hole they have out there....and they charge you $8 to get in....unreal....

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    We Only Have 1 More Meet To Go.....but I Have Seen Some Great Races At Old Hollywood...

The Topper Being, J.o. Tobin Beating Seattle Slew Back In 1977........if You Made It To Your
    Car Without Having Your Wallet Snatched...it Was A Good Day In Inglewood!!!!
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    I dont know if i was lucky or unlucky, My grandfather was big into NY racing but to the family beyond him it was like Taboo. I guess he probally had some bad days himself. I remember he had their front porch of their house as an office and up top he had 2 shelves about 6 or 7 feet long each. Each shelf was full from one end to the other with 3 ring binders which he would do his recordings and stuff of the races each day. I wish he had gotten to do it with us as when i think about all the manual stat work he had to do then he had to be a wealth of information. I guess no matter how the family hated it horseracing is still in the blood as here i am.