Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lol.... Calvin is no idiot. Watch were that donkey finishes in the Preakness.... Mine That Bird....lol...fluke !
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    InTheFog wrote: »

Makes for a great Preakness if they all get there safe and sound, remember how fast they fell off the two weeks leading up the derby.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    from Daily Racing Form:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The new connections of Rachel Alexandra issued a press release Friday to announce that the filly will face male rivals in the Preakness Stakes next Saturday "if she continues to be in perfect condition" and that jockey Calvin Borel has agreed to continue riding her in all of her races this year.

Jess Jackson, whose Stonestreet Stables purchased Rachel Alexandra this week in partnership with Harold T. McCormick and turned over the filly to trainer Steve Asmussen, said in the release that retaining Borel "came down to the facts that he knows and loves this horse, that he knows how to get the most from her. We think this is a perfect match of rider and horse."

The decision by Borel to stay with Rachel Alexandra means he will become the first jockey ever to take off a Derby winner to ride a different horse in the Preakness. Borel rode Mine That Bird to a 50-1 upset in the Kentucky Derby last Saturday for trainer Bennie Woolley Jr., who in recent days has been in close contact with Brad Pegram, the agent for Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith, in regard to Smith possibly replacing Borel for the Preakness at Pimlico. However, there has been no final confirmation of that arrangement.

Rachel Alexandra, a 20 1/4-length winner of the May 1 Kentucky Oaks in her last start, will try to become the fifth filly to win the Preakness, the second leg of the Triple Crown, and the first to run in the race in 10 years.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Well Draynay Your House Is Still Going On Big Drama....right?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Nope !!! Not with that monster in the race..... I wanted her in the Derby and told all who would listen she was better then FF when they ran on the SAME track on the SAME day. I am a big fan !
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    she could be real hard to bet against. Im suprised borail is giving up the opportunity for the big 3 so he gotta know something