40% chance of rain on preakness day!!!!

turfmanturfman Senior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
just giving you a heads-up....can you say.....LONG-SHOT!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD RACING!!!!!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    its been cloudy and rainy this whole week...probably will have same conditions as churchill.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    RA wins if it rains marbles !!! The surface will have no impact on her it will only help to seperate her.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I checked a couple of days ago, and it was showing a 30% chance of thunderstorms. Must be going up.

I try not to pay too much attention to weather forecasts though, at least until the day before the race, when it's more reliable.
    edited May 2009
    You know what bugs me most about you, Draynay? Well really, it might be the only thing...

You talk in absolutes. Quality Road, Dunkirk, Rachel Alexandra, etc. You must know by now, there are no absolutes in gambling. And especially not in horseracing.

I can appreciate confidence, or the courage of one's convictions, but please don't talk like the results are already in. It's not the kind of thing that newcomers (i.e. people who might not know any better) need to read.

For crying out loud, i run a TOUT SERVICE, and even i don't talk that way.
    edited May 2009
    agreed. Well I am betting against RA in the preakness and I like it when draynay is overly confident about a horse because that horse nomally dont run well....keep talking draynay even though im not listening I just hope your jinx holds up.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    RA is a great horse but hasnt even faced the strongest of the filly class.
    edited May 2009
    Well guys the rain is coming down here in buckets....expect a off track and probably off turf tomorrow
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Let it rain ... let it pour... its only going to make her job easier whipping these weak boys.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    You know what bugs me most about you, Draynay? Well really, it might be the only thing...

You talk in absolutes. Quality Road, Dunkirk, Rachel Alexandra, etc. You must know by now, there are no absolutes in gambling. And especially not in horseracing.

I can appreciate confidence, or the courage of one's convictions, but please don't talk like the results are already in. It's not the kind of thing that newcomers (i.e. people who might not know any better) need to read.

For crying out loud, i run a TOUT SERVICE, and even i don't talk that way.

But you can't bet on a fluke taking place... the Derby was the perfect storm but RA is the real deal and simply a much better athlete. If she shows she wins for fun against this very weak group. Big Drama will be tough but the distance will do him in.
    edited May 2009
    Are you in Baltimore, Rayphil? If so, please keep us informed...
    edited May 2009
    yup dc im in baltimore...rain was here pretty much all night they are calling for scatter storms but it looks perfect out right now....ill be out pimlico today anyone have any selections...