Churchill selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill - Race 2

#6 Decelerator (12/1 ml)

This 2yo firster for Lukas tied for the fastest breeze at the February Ocala sale (9.3). Of particular note, she worked heads-up twice in a row with another February Ocala graduate for Lukas named Tidal Pool (who worked a 9.4, and was purchased for a similar price by these same owners). Tidal Pool came out of those two drills to run a very strong second on Apr 30 behind Feisty Ex, whom i referenced yesterday. Here's the video of that race:

YouTube - CHURCHILL DOWNS, 2009-04-30, Race 1

Very reasonable to expect a similar effort here, perhaps a better one considering their respective sale times. Also note that Lukas uses Mena, who also happened to ride Tidal Pool. Looks very live at a very nice price.

HRT record:

56 for 196 (29%)

$472.20 mutuels ($8.43 avg)

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Cat...good Luck I Cant Use Lukas With Firsters....i Like Mena Though..spectating In Slop...
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Nice call looked good at 5-1 She looked like she wasn't going to make it in the stretch for a bit but kicked on in the slop !!!
  • edited May 2009
    Good Hit Cat Nice Square Prices As Well..........
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Decelerator wins @ $12.20
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Decelerator returned to win the Debutante Stakes today. Perfect example of the kind of horse i was talking about in our maiden-race discussion not long ago.

Decelerator paid $12.20 vs. maidens, then pays $4.60 vs. winners in her next start. There was huge value backing her in the maiden race.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    it was close.....neither horse wanted to finish....
  • railbirdrailbird Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    it was close.....neither horse wanted to finish....

nice pick cat, keep it up