Mine That Bird Across the board

InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
He will be in there.

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    The fluke got the pace he wanted but a real horse taught him a lesson. She should be going for the Triple Crown.
  • edited May 2009
    Another 30-50 Yards You Score Good Like Mike Smith Said After The Race None Of The Horses In Front Of Him Were About To Give Up The Rail..............shows What The Supposed Experts "ass-holes" Who Write And Select For The Racing Form No.....not A Single One Gave Mine That Bird A Shot....morons I Think The Trifecta Was Easy,the Super I Missed With Private Ryan.........
  • edited May 2009
    Draynay......stop......stop....stop.....stop.....the Filly Wont Run In The Belmont She Is Not Capable Of Getting That Mile And A Half In My Mind 5 More Jumps And She Was Beat Today...calm Down.......
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    it was a great race..i needed the bird for a 1000 double...both of them ran great..hats off to both....draynay come on just tell us he is not a fluke.....
  • edited May 2009
    Rayphil................looks Like Pimlico Cut There Own Throats Not Allowing People To Bring Beer In Coolers In The Infield N.b.c. Made A Special Point Of Mentenioning How Empty The Infield Was Compared To Normal Preakness Day.......im Thanking The Horse Gods The Rain Held Out..lol
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    The FLUKE got whipped !!! He got blistering fractions from Big Drama and Rachel Alexandra but unlike the Derby Rachel is NOT CHEAP SPEED. She took it to the wire and controled the entire race and did it from the 13 post.

Musket Man did what he always did and hit the board.... maybe now everyone will stop talking about Pyro ...oops I mean Friesan Fire. And I guess its time to take POTN back to California.

Rachel on to Belmont and another EASY win.

Bring on QR vs RA
    edited May 2009
    GAMBLER...THEY DID INDEED CUT THERE OWN THROATS BECAUSE IT WAS SO STUPID TO DO THAT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO GO ON THE INFIELD ARE THERE TO PARTY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME...i THANK MOTHER NATURE BECAUSE IT WAS GREAT OUT HERE.......DRAYNAY IF THE RACE WAS AT DERBY DISTANCE THEN SHE WOULD HAVE LOST AND WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT QR AND RA RACE...SINCE THIS FILLY IS GREAT HAVE HER TAKE ON OLDERS...GAURANTEE SHE WONT BEAT THE GODOLPHIN MARE LET ALONE ZENYATTA...
  • edited May 2009
    I Will Bet You 2 Lions Hats She Doesent Run In The Belmont If She Does..............asmussen Will Be In The Hall Of Shame......
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    They will do what is best for the horse but if she goes to Belmont I will be there to take your money.

By the way I want to thank all of you that bet against her I am enjoying the 9 to 5 you gave me. Thank you !
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    She is now just 3 or 4 wins from the greatest 3 year old season by any horse ever.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Draynay, i think it's time to stop calling Mine That Bird "The Fluke".

Personally, i think it was a bad ride from Smith. He seemed more intent on copying Borel's rail-rally than getting Mine That Bird into the clear for some running room. From the overhead, it looked like he had ample opportunity to take Mine That Bird outside, and he refused to do so.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Draynay, i think it's time to stop calling Mine That Bird "The Fluke".

Personally, i think it was a bad ride from Smith. He seemed more intent on copying Borel's rail-rally than getting Mine That Bird into the clear for some running room. From the overhead, it looked like he had ample opportunity to take Mine That Bird outside, and he refused to do so.

Discreet you are rarely wrong but you are dead wrong on this one.

Big Drama pushed Rachel to run very fast fractions including a 1:35 mile !!!

The FLUKE could not have asked for a better set up but could not close the deal and when you come from THAT far back you risk not getting a clean shot.

The FLUKE was closing but that is to be expected from a horse that ran fast fractions but she was not CHEAP speed and held nicely to the wire.

I will stop calling the FLUKE a FLUKE a when the FLUKE wins another race this year.... so far the horse has only won 1 race ALL YEAR.

Every horse other than MM showed themselves to be very average. The real talent is on the sidelines and we are left with a bunch of very average horses.

Like I said BEFORE the race RACHEL is REAL speed and will not be caught. .... and wasn't

Like Jackson said ... Bring on Belmont.
    edited May 2009
    Rachel ran a heckuva race. I did like her to win, but i went against her because of the price. I thought she was a slight underlay at below 2/1. The pace scenario looked to be quicker than what she was accustomed to (and that turned out to be accurate), the race was a little bit farther than she was accustomed to, she was facing far better horses than she had in the past, and i thought the barn change (i.e. being taken out of her normal routine) might have had some small negative effect as well. With all that taken together, i thought 9/5 was just a little too short, even considering Rachel's huge talent.

I went with Pioneerof the Nile @ 6/1, who i thought would sit a good trip behind a fast pace, and who i thought was a bit more likely to move forward today than some of the other Derby horses. I think he just now crossed the finish line...
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    Lol... yes it is time for the King of California horses to head back to California. FF is Pyro and the only real talent left is MM. Every other horse can't break 95 .....lame.

Rachel is the Queen and King of racing.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    Yeah there's a Fluke but it Isn't Mine That Bird.
    edited May 2009
    Check the results, Draynay. I'm pretty sure that Mine That Bird beat Musket Man today. For the second time in a row.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    The Fluke has one win all year .... let me know when he wins another race. Maybe an allowance back in New Mexico.
    edited May 2009
    Draynay The Only Fluke Here Is You Cashing A Ticket..mine That Bird Even If He Dont Win Another Race He Still Won The Derby In Which Dunkirk Has Not Finished Yet...qr Only Beat Dunkirk So That Does Not Say To Much...and I Do Not Know How You Can Say Mm Is Better Then Mine That Bird When He Got Passed Sitting The Perfect Trip....
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited May 2009
    The FLUKE has won 1 race all year. That is why he is a fluke he is a one hit wonder this year. Until he wins another race he will continue to be a one hit wonder. I believe Rachel left little doubt who the best 3 year old really is. On to Belmont !!!
  • hotbustophotbustop Member
    edited May 2009
    I would agree that it is a mediocre crop of 3 year olds running right now. But MTB has clearly shown he is near the top of this mediocre bunch.
    Tavers would be interesting if RA, I Want Revenge, and Quality Road went to the gate. But all in all, RA is much better than these horses. I don't think she took the track as well as she has in the past and she still set blistering fractions and held onto win gamely.
    If she goes to Belmont I believe she wins again.
    edited May 2009
    She could definitely win the Belmont. The fractions are generally pretty soft, and if she gets her own way up front she could be long gone. It'll be interesting to see who turns up for the race.
  • edited May 2009
    draynay he is a FLUKE i coubnt agree more mine that bird wont win at belmont the pace will be slower no way he wins.