What Would You Do?

turfmanturfman Senior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
my las vegas connection wants to make a bet with me.....

he claims he can give me 10 straight winners...1 per day....

if he does, i spend june 4th-5th-6th in vegas for the belmont

for the last 38 years i have gone to hollywood park to see the belmont

with friends, and june 6 is my b-day...so what would you do ?

i don't think he can produce 10 winners in a row, 5 or 6 is his best

if he fails he comes to hollywood park for the 3 days!!!!

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Turf.........i Would Take That Bet In A Heart Beat.........but If You Feel Like Messing With His Head,you Make The Stipulation That At Least 8 Horses Must Start In Every Race He Selects.....that Will Get Him Going For Sure,you Just Tell Him Thats The Deal,belmont Monmouth Have Full Fields..etc....he Can Any Track He Wants As Long As 8 Horses Start....thats A Great Over/under 8 Starters......better Get An Extra Seat Reserved At Hollywood For Mr. Vegas..lol..lol....force Him To Bite On That And You Got Him.....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    Well if you come to NY you get to change your name to Smogman lol. On the upside 10 in a row can certainly pay for the trip. Im guessing your connection wants to go to the Belmont. Last time I went for the big one it poured cats and dogs, the year empire maker won. let me know if you go im 1 1/2 hours away ill have you guys up for steak and lobster.
  • edited May 2009
    Hue...........get Off That Cheap Wine...the Bet Is If The Guy Picks 10 Turf Has To Go To Vegas For Belmont Weekend....lol..between You And My Pal In South Florida On The Cheap Wine You Two Are Unbelievable..lol..lol...im The Pick 4 King Two Nice Hits Yesterday Calder/indiana Downs...
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    his 1st pick goes today tuesday 5/19 @ finger lakes

finger lakes.....race 4.....# 2.....run mikey run.....8/5.....m/l
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited May 2009
    so im guerssing your in....
    G-Man that wine taste soooo good though hahaha im bettin empty bottle in the 9th a 1-9 shot lol
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    MY HORSE WON THE 4th AT FINGERS...FIFTY SENSE PAYING $9.10...I GUESS YOU ARE A WINNER...w2w
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Be prepared for a string of 1/5 shots.....LOL
    edited May 2009
    What, it's over already? Not surprising. I can't imagine anyone had the balls to claim they could pick 10 winners in a row. I don't believe i've EVER had that many. Recently i went 4-out-of-7 over a two day span, and i thought that was pretty strong.
    edited May 2009
    Also, i'm trying to figure out how the LOSER of a bet goes to Vegas for 3 days. Sounds rough.
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited May 2009
    no vegas has lost, and will be coming to california......if he had won 10 straight i would be going to vegas...
    when the smoke clears year in and out..he makes his share on the ponies, how many winners can
    we the average player get in a row?.....all we can do is try......