Indian Blessing entered @ Saratoga on Thursday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Indian Blessing is a very highly-regarded 2yo filly for Baffert who drilled 5 furlongs from the gate in an eye-popping 57.2 over the Del Mar polytrack (supposedly while just breezing).

She also worked recently with Cry and Catch Me, an impressive winner of Del Mar's first race on Sunday. Cry and Catch Me had previously run second in a maiden race to the impressive stakes winner Tasha's Miracle.

Obviously, Cry and Catch Me's effort on Sunday bodes very well for Indian Blessing. I'm not sure why Indian Blessing has shipped to Saratoga, because she's not a Zayat Stables horse (she's owned by Hal & Patti Earnhardt). In fact, Indian Blessing was entered-and-scratched @ Del Mar on August 19. Interestingly, Baffert's star 2yo colt Maimonides (owned by Zayat Stables) was also entered-and-scratched @ Del Mar before shipping to Saratoga for his debut. Jockey Rafael Bejarano took the call that day, and he's named on Indian Blessing as well. Bejarano also scored aboard Baffert's Del Mar shipper More Happy in the Adirondack Stakes.

Comments

• randyfrandyf Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    I'm new to this forum but I sincerely appreciate your posting your selections. It's a great help to us novice horseplayers in San Diego. Continued good luck.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Welcome to the board, Randy...

Btw, Baffert won with another 2yo shipping in from Del Mar today. I believe he's now 3-for-3 with such entrants.