Thoughts on Bridge Jumpers

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Good Evening!

I wanted to get your guys thoughts on bridge jumpers. is it something if you do with a strict rules you follow can be profitable? or just a waste?

also on the flip side. worth betting against heavy show favorites? worth while?

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2009
    Just to put bridgejumping in perspective for you, at the normal payoff of $2.10 you would need to win 20 out of 21 times JUST TO BREAK EVEN. So no, absolutely not, there's no value there.

As far as betting a different horse to show (against the bridge-jump horse), it can be worth doing if you have a strong opinion that your horse will hit the board as well. I wouldn't do it just for the sake of doing it. Remember, there are probably only two spots left, and your show payoff is going to be very short as well (unless the favorite does indeed run out).

Speaking from personal experience, I haven't made many of those wagers during my career (probably less than 20), but I've yet to ever strike gold. I have been close a few times, but on the other hand I've had a few of them run out as well.
  • edited May 2009
    cat...........hit it perfect 1 loss requires 20 straight wins......insanity.........