Tommy Hanson to start Saturday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Tommy Hanson-S- Braves Jun. 3 - 7:22 pm et

Prospect Tommy Hanson will be promoted from Triple-A Gwinnett to start Saturday's game against the Brewers, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

With a 1.50 ERA and 90 strikeouts in 66 1/3 innings, Hanson is the best pitching prospect in the minors and is worth a look in all fantasy leagues. NL-only leaguers should run, not walk, to the waiver wire to see if he's still available. The move will go a long way towards bolstering the Braves pitching staff, with Kris Medlen moving to the bullpen to replace Jorge Campillo.

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Whose that pitcher from SD state they say will be the 1st pick of the draft and go right to the majors. I think they said washington has 1st option on him
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Stephen Strasburg
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I saw his numbers, pretty amazing
    edited June 2009
    I've been looking forward to Hanson's debut all season. I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to get called up. No doubt i'll be posting a play on him Saturday, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up. Especially if you're in some local fantasy league where you can still pick him up. Should be quite valuable.
    edited June 2009
    Pushed back to Sunday due to yesterday's rainout.
    edited June 2009
    Just an update.......the Braves are now 5-0 in Hanson's starts.

Today pitched his best game by far (against the Red Sox, no less), and after battling some unexpected control problems to start his career, it looks as though he may be coming around.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    I bet on BRAVES his last 3 starts...am very happy...thanks for the early info...w2w