The Derby Mud Winner !

DraynayDraynay Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I have been handicapping for a long time. The interesting part of handicapping are all the different angles people use. I find it interesting how people come up with their own win choices and I am always surprised when I hear a new angle.

My thoughts on the Derby Mud winner are simple. It was a fluke win in the Derby. There was no real speed in the Derby yet many took off too fast for the conditions of the track and it cost them dearly.

The Preakness was a display of speed. Real speed with Big Drama and RA. The speed duel burned up everyone except RA and a tough MM. The Derby mud winner picking up scraps at the end of the race did nothing for me. The race for the win was over 100 yards before the wire and the only question was how much would RA win by.

The Derby mud winner got the perfect pace but could not catch REAL speed. The fact remains that on a fast dry track, this years Derby mud winner is WINLESS !

The Belmont is a much different race and often does not bode well for closers. With no real speed in the race you are looking at a much different pace in the race. He is also facing some very tough and rested horses. CC, Dunkirk, and CM are rested and ready to perform at their best. Dunkirk fired a Belmont best work proving to me he likes the surface and CM is UNDEFEATED ON DIRT AND UNDEFEATED AT BELMONT.

That being said it should not take a brick to the head to see that the Derby mud winner has no real shot at winning this race and will even have a problem just hitting the board. Mr. Hot Stuff has been firing bullets at Knld. and should give the Derby mud winner all he can handle for the 4th spot and could finish 5th. :smoking:

Good luck to all.