Thursday play from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 5

#5 Suit Yourself (9/2 ml)

Improving type for Garcia returns from a two-month break into a race very similar to his last one, where he broke from the very dis-advantageous 11-hole going a flat mile, losing some ground and dropping back off fast route fractions before rallying strongly late to miss by a nose, beating today's 3/1 ml favorite (Nitro Active) in the process. As mentioned, he's returning from a two-month layoff, and he happened to win off a two-month layoff last November, so it certainly appears he's capable of firing his best shot off the break. Also worth mentioning that Espinoza (aboard for the nose loss last time) is back in the irons today, and looking at the owner's line, it appears that Garcia and Espinoza are partners in this horse. I can't confirm that (just going by the last names), but if correct, i've never seen a horse owned by the trainer/jockey combination in all my years of handicapping. Suffice to say he's well-meant here. Should get another fast pace to run at with the presence of the two stretchout sprinters (along with Nitro Active), gets a much better post-draw this time, and there's no reason he shouldn't be rolling late again.

HRT record:

59 for 200 (30%)

$488.40 mutuels ($8.42 avg)

Comments

• hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I like when you guys post for cali cause i cant seem to do anything there. at least gives me races to play off the posts
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    I like when you guys post for cali cause i cant seem to do anything there. at least gives me races to play off the posts

HUE GO WALK THE DOG.... BRUNO WANT TO TALK TO YOU ...AND HAVE MAMA CALL 911 IN FIVE MINUTES... PS DON'T WERE YOUR GLASSES THAT NOT GOING TO HELP .....
  • hotbustophotbustop Member
    edited June 2009
    Just an FYI this horse is the number 7
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Bet Them Both!! Be Save...
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Cat ...vicky Just Ask Me If She Should Ck Your Numbers They Seem Inflated ... Now Would Be A Good Time To Send The Moa A Small Cash (small Bills)payoff
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Suit Yourself is indeed the #7 horse. Sorry about that.
  • hotbustophotbustop Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure he meant the 7 as it is the name of th horse, no need to bet them both.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    yes you do
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Suit Yourself is indeed the #7 horse. Sorry about that.

cat ..vicky will come in sat to look it over..but i told her she dosn't have to ware a suit
    edited June 2009
    DUNCO wrote: »
    Cat ...vicky Just Ask Me If She Should Ck Your Numbers They Seem Inflated ... Now Would Be A Good Time To Send The Moa A Small Cash (small Bills)payoff

What are you talking about? And who's Vicky?
    edited June 2009
    Suit Yourself finished second by a neck @ 3/1
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Still a good pick DC.