Strategies

hue21998hue21998 Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
A good friend of mine, who is the best capper i know in person, who is a retired mathametician, with a doctorate in it told me while at the otb one time, he said mike, a guy like you that likes to capp but is a casual capper can never do in the long run what someone does that caps seriously for a living. He said you miss too many things that the form just doesnt give you that you spot on a day to day basis. He said your win percentage will always be on the lower side of the coin compared to that persons and unless you make adjustments for that you will go through much money and never be ahead.
The Adjustments he suggested that day is what I do and possibly why some of my bets may look a little odd.
I do like the exacta with all bet. yes lowers the profit but by far increases the chances
Most exacta with all bets I wont do are under 7-2. though yesterday monmouth was an exception normally wont do it in a field less than 8 or 9 horses.
The next thing which dramatically changed my amount of winnings
He said which I really didnt understand at the time but was all payouts are based on $2 bets.
the way to increase dollars won is what many casual bettors like me dont do. I used to play alot of dollar exactas and tris due to not a large bankroll. He said , which was the case, that that play is very wrong. you need to go above the $2 payline to at least $3 to increase profits on lower win percentages as opposed to below the payline and he was totally correct. No that wont work on the 9-5s and 1 to 1s but does on the 7-2s, 4, 5, and 6 to 1s. I don't make a living on horse races but i do do well enough to keep playing what i enjoy mostly due to that advise I was givin.

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    hue21998 wrote: »
    A good friend of mine, who is the best capper i know in person, who is a retired mathametician, with a doctorate in it told me while at the otb one time, he said mike, a guy like you that likes to capp but is a casual capper can never do in the long run what someone does that caps seriously for a living. He said you miss too many things that the form just doesnt give you that you spot on a day to day basis. He said your win percentage will always be on the lower side of the coin compared to that persons and unless you make adjustments for that you will go through much money and never be ahead.
    The Adjustments he suggested that day is what I do and possibly why some of my bets may look a little odd.
    I do like the exacta with all bet. yes lowers the profit but by far increases the chances
    Most exacta with all bets I wont do are under 7-2. though yesterday monmouth was an exception normally wont do it in a field less than 8 or 9 horses.
    The next thing which dramatically changed my amount of winnings
    He said which I really didnt understand at the time but was all payouts are based on $2 bets.
    the way to increase dollars won is what many casual bettors like me dont do. I used to play alot of dollar exactas and tris due to not a large bankroll. He said , which was the case, that that play is very wrong. you need to go above the $2 payline to at least $3 to increase profits on lower win percentages as opposed to below the payline and he was totally correct. No that wont work on the 9-5s and 1 to 1s but does on the 7-2s, 4, 5, and 6 to 1s. I don't make a living on horse races but i do do well enough to keep playing what i enjoy mostly due to that advise I was givin.
    HUE ARE YOU IN DETOX ...OR YOU DOING LSD AGAIN ........ I LOVE THE PART ABOUT A RETIRED MATH WITH A DOC..HANGING OUT AT OTB.. WHAT HE DOING CHASHING TICKETS FOR 10%....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Hes actually very wealthy. He taught college algebra at uconn for many years.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    Now He Hanging Out At Otb..can't Put A Price On That....does He Go There To Eat His Happy Meal.....
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Hes the only capper i know on G-Mans level. Uconn is one of our companies accounts some of the maintence guys there said he would always give them tips on horses but hes still a sad case too smart to ever have had a wife and its all he got to do. I bet hed take the nagging lol. he is pretty strange unless ya know him just one of those over intellegent but no common sense type of guys.