Summer Bird

jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
looks like he can get the distance and is working well and adding blinkers....worth a shot....

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Horse has not taken to the track at all and the trainer is 0 for 5 with blinkers on. First time blinkers at Belmont ? No thank you. The modest pace makes this horse a toss.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    go check the weather ahole....stay out of my thread
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    So I guess only opinions that agree with yours are welcome ? Summer Bird ? Over CM ? Come back after the race and let me know how it worked out for you.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Let me put it politely. Your opinion is not welcome here Ahole
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Just trying to help ... Summer Bird has little chance to hit the board.
  • hardspunhardspun Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    I think Desormeaux will have Summer Bird rated off of to set around 4th or so and make a run at the speed in the end. The blinkers might help the horse keep his head in the game a little. If CM dies off in the stretch you could see a good move from Summer Bird. I will use him in my tri and super tickets today. I also think the witch of jockey will help this horse a ton, but that is my two cents.

Adam
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    jtc1984 wrote: »
    Let me put it politely. Your opinion is not welcome here Ahole

DON'T LET THE WOLF IN !!...DON'T GET ALL WORKED UP ....THIS IS GAME TO PISS YOU OFF.....HE'S GOT HIS CLOWN MAKE UP ON TODAY...
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I know Dunco....I just bet a prop.....Summer bird to finish in the money +260
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Here's what i wrote about Summer Bird on my website:

I also want to give special mention to Summer Bird, who also will be a very big price here and is very similar in running style (and perhaps talent) to Mr. Hot Stuff. Same issues with the pace, although i read an interesting quote from Kent Desormeaux where he made it abundantly clear that he's extremely cognizant of the Belmont pace scenario and it's effect on the outcome. He even went so far as to say (referring to Mine That Bird) "if he's way in the back he'll never catch us", which i found very interesting considering that Summer Bird comes from way behind himself. So it sure sounds to me like Kent is going to be keeping Summer Bird somewhat close here, particularly if t he field is bunching up on a slow pace the way i think it might. Also note that Summer Bird is adding blinkers here, another indication that they want more speed. Don't be surprised if Summer Bird is much closer than usual, and i would not at all be surprised by a strong run from this colt. Both Mr. Hot Stuff and Summer Bird are must-uses for exotics, if you guys are playing those (and i'm guessing you are). Hard to bet two horses to win in the same race, but at these prices they would make a viable entry while still offering a solid price. Really, i put these two in much the same boat with Mine That Bird, and the difference in their respective prices will be of course be night-and-day. Good luck on the race, let's get one of these guys into the winner's circle.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    thanks for the input DC
    edited June 2009
    I cannot handle a DQ right now..........,.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    doesnt involve the winner
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    So much for the modest pace.... Summer Bird was the better Bird today. Great race great finish. Great hit for those who had him ... Dunkirk showed a lot of guts he is for real.
    edited June 2009
    I know, but there were some serious exotic issues hanging in the balance....thank goodness they left it alone.
  • edited June 2009
    Jtc.........good Hit Now You Can Fly Home That Greyhound Ride Up From Florida Must Have Sucked..lol..lol..lol...
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    hahaha......my kids are gonna wonder why I'm paying everything tonite with a smile.....what greyhound???? I hitched up....hahaha.....what a day.....Oh dray.......kiss my.....never mind....drinks for everyone........
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Summer Bird ? Over CM ? Come back after the race and let me know how it worked out for you.

LOL
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dray.....go away.....
    edited June 2009
    Is it just me, or was that trifecta kinda small?
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    It was for the Birds
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    It wasn't all birds !!! Dunkirk to one of them to school !!!
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    ALL/CM/ALL :cry:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Lol... after that Munnings win I really wanted to change my ticket to a ALL Dunkirk ALL but I didn't..... should have went with my gut. But Dunkirk to the lead posting a 47 half mile ??? Who'd a thunk.
  • alcoachalcoach Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree the tri was small ...i guess everyone had the derby fluke horse for 3rd and CM out
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I think the tri was real small except it shows the 2 birds were very popular in the exotics.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I don't think the top four finishers shocked many I think the order did a little but not the four top finishers.
  • edited June 2009
    i bet him derby day didnt bet him here .at belmont i knew he was a good horse.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited June 2009
    funnycide6 wrote: »
    i bet him derby day didnt bet him here .at belmont i knew he was a good horse.

SOO HE MUST OF WENT FROM A GREAT HORSE TO ONLY GOOD?
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »
    Just trying to help ... Summer Bird has little chance to hit the board.

lmao:clap::clap:
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    I was right about a few things... sadly Summer Bird wasn't one of them. But bbixler you were right about nothing !

and to me that is even funnier !