edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Two horse race.... CM AND DUNKIRK

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Umm, isn't Dunkirk a closer?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Dunkirk is a mid pack horse and should be no more then 5 or 6 from the front ..... not 10 to 15 like many closers.
  • bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »

LMAO.....shouldn't have left out the birds.
    edited June 2009
    I was rather surprised when Dunkirk went looking for the lead. I did have him pretty close early, but in no way did i have him pegged for the lead. I was also surprised by ther early splits, although he did get a very nice breather from the half-mile mark to the mile-mark.

If Draynay thought that Mine That Bird (or any other closer) would be 15 lengths behind in this race, then well, that should tell you a lot about Draynay's handicapping ability.
  • alcoachalcoach Member
    edited June 2009
    Does everyone think calvin made a ronnie franklin type move too early and had nothing left to beat Dunkirk.---oh well look like the birdstone sire is for real something to remember in future triple crown races
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited June 2009
    Draynay wrote: »

Guess I must have watched the wrong race as a BIG CLOSER blew by Dunkirk and CM!!!!

How bout that!
    edited June 2009
    Draynay calls Summer Bird a fluke, but we were touting him a bit in his very own thread today. Nice when you can identify those flukes beforehand.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Discreet come on .... he is only a Maiden winner. With Rachel out and Quality Road out a horse like Dunkirk set a quick pace and couldn't hold it. The Derby mud winner has won one race ALL year !!! The other bird was simply a maiden winner. With Rachel or Quality Road around lets see how many races either bird wins the rest of the year.