Discreet cat

jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Post your service record here or on your site. Even Edward does that

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    I'm not disputing your record from other sites. But unfortunately, records from other sites are non-transferable. For instance, i didn't bring my winning LVA record over here when i started posting horse picks. I started over fresh. An HRT record is just that, an HRT record.

Regarding my service record, i've already said that i'll post it if Edward gives the okay. I have nothing to hide. And i have posted it on my message board from time to time.

I will go on record here as saying that my complete website record (from November 2007 thru present) is currently showing a very slight loss (0.8%) from over a thousand races. All of my profit (and i was showing a very nice profit for a very long time) was wiped out during a hideous losing streak that lasted from November 2008 until about mid-January 2009. I still haven't completely recovered from that, but i'm sure that i will.

Keep in mind, that is just the "official" record. Some of those plays should've been passed (like when a horse gets bet down to odds-on, for instance). I can't speak for my customers, but i know that i've passed on some races when the odds weren't there.

Also, if you were to add my official record of plays at LVA (up until the opening of my website) into my complete website record, my overall internet record is still showing a 5% profit, from over 1200 races.

I'd also like to point out that my service costs less than buying a Racing Form each day. I think that's pretty damn reasonable.

So there you have it. Go ahead and start blasting me for my "losing record". As if you could do any better...
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    I'm not a horse capper but I challenge you right now in bases. Also you should be ashamed of that record considering that you charge people for it. Losing is one thing. Charging for it is another. Very sad mr discreet. Very sad
    edited June 2009
    I guess we can all see how "dishonest" i am now.
  • jtc1984jtc1984 Banned
    edited June 2009
    Well you hid the truth for a long time. Now you are a loser. Legit and certified. My point all along. Stop acting like you are the man because people are losing money following you. That is the bottom line here. And yes I guess hiding the truth is dishonest.
    edited June 2009
    The only one stretching the truth here is you. I'm anything but a loser. A 5% profit from over 1200 races is better than 99.9% of other handicappers can do. So is a 0.8% loss from a thousand races, for that matter.

And i've never "hid" my website record. I've supplied it to anyone who asks, including a guy like you who has no intent other than to try and make me look bad.

Speaking of which, i informed Edward your highly-insulting language in the other thread. Behavior like that will not be tolerated here. Whether or not he bans you, any further posts like that (from you or anybody else) will be removed. That much i can guarantee.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    You could put your money in the bank and get a 5 percent profit.
  • jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Whats your bank? Any bank paying 5% when 10yr treasuries are yielding 3.7 need to be shorted to the fullest extent.
  • HorseRacingTalkHorseRacingTalk Administrator
    edited June 2009
    A 5% profit from over 1200 races is better than 99.9% of other handicappers can do. So is a 0.8% loss from a thousand races, for that matter.

This is certainly true.
    edited June 2009
    I will not dispute that your money is MUCH safer in a bank than it is being used for gambling. That's a no-brainer, and i would never suggest otherwise.

Regarding JTC's recent attacks, two things struck me as being very strange:

(a) Why he chose to start attacking me now, after his most recent monthly subscription produced a 12% profit.

(b) Why, if my previous picks had been so bad, did he choose to sign up again?

I can't answer either one of those questions. All i can think of is that he became upset with me after Dunco and Hue got banned (as if i had anything to do with that), or after i said that Gambler's comments toward Draynay were out of line. That's about the same time he started jumping on me.

In any case, i see that he's been banned now, and the reason for that was his very insulting comment in another thread this afternoon (which has now been removed). I assume at least a few of you guys saw it, and know what i'm talking about.

Further, i want everyone to know that JTC's banning has nothing to do with his attacks on my service (unless they were construed as a series of personal attacks against another poster, which i guess they were). As proof of this, you'll notice his posts attacking my service are still standing as they were written (even after his ban, no less), and i even responded to them in many instances.

That being said, this forum is NOT about me or my service. It's a place where hopefully we as handicappers can get together and discuss certain races, horses, industry news, or what have you (in a polite manner). Hopefully we can get past all this garbage that surfaced on the site recently, and return to the same the good forum that it was before.
  • DangerboydistDangerboydist Banned
    edited June 2009
    Why Dont You Offer Any Kind Of Pick Archive On Your Site ?
    edited June 2009
    Why Dont You Offer Any Kind Of Pick Archive On Your Site ?

Edward does
  • cabster13cabster13 Member
    edited June 2009
    Edward does

I have followed this site for many years and have got to say that Discreet Cat is one of the true class guys on this site. I have played the horses for 30 plus years and anyone you find that bets them on a regular basis would love to have a 5% over return. It is entertainment and Discreet has always been totally upfront and a cornerstone of this site. I do not understand why we have to get into this "truth" discussion as all it normally does is drive away the quality posters!

Either choose to follow Discreets posts or bet against them but I do not see the need for the disruption!!

My 2 cents!!!!!!!!!!
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    When DC post his picks here he gives the reasoning and that's what a capper wants to know and a capper has to do some capping too, when you like a horse and DC likes that horse also you should have a pretty good bet going for yourself.(Y)
  • bigman49bigman49 Junior Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a subscription once to Discreet Cats service fo 1 month and it wasnt profitable.Maybe its hard to just someone skills in that short of time,but when I saw that more then the majority of his picks were maiden races I knew it wasnt worth being a member.You cant win maiden races on a consistent basic,as there are too many obstacles like 1st time starters,then you can bet horses that run 2nd,3rd or 4th,and they never win.You have to play other races like claiming races to keep up roi,otherwise you wont make money in this game.So Discreet,why dont you
    play anything other then maiden races?Tommyboy:huh:
    edited June 2009
    I do play races other than maiden races. Obviously. But I do feel the most value can be found there, so I try to concentrate my play in that area. Particularly once Saratoga rolls around.

PS - I won't be responding to any more posts in this thread. A question or two is one thing, but I don't need advice on how to run my site, or which races I should play. Thanks anyway.
    edited June 2009
    You seems to do well with the 2 yr olds during the Saratoga meet .
    Do you do you own clocking on these babys in the am ?
    If so will you be out there at Saratoga clocking this summer
This discussion has been closed.