Tigers -120

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Formerly very well-regarded Dodger prospect from way back in the day Edwin Jackson never panned out at all, that is until this year when he moved to Detroit and has somehow managed to finally put it all together. He's been fantastic, particularly on the road where he's sporting a 1.55 era and 0.99 whip thru 46 innings this year. Opponents are barely hitting .200 off him.

As for the Cardinals' starter Wellemeyer, have a look at this blurb from Rotowire:

Update: Wellemeyer’s velocity was down nearly five miles per hour during his start against the Marlins on Thursday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: “It’s a concern,” Wellemeyer said. “I’m sure it has something to do with mechanics, but I haven’t been able to figure it out. It reaches a point where it’s frustrating. It’s not the way I like to pitch.” Wellemeyer was in the 94-96 mph range with his fastball last season, but he was stuck at 90-91 on Thursday. We’ll have to wait and see if there’s an underlying injury creating the mechanical deficiency in his delivery, as Wellemeyer made the full-time switch to the rotation last season and it may have taken a toll on his arm.

2009 HRT baseball:

17-13-2, +4.70 units

Comments