Looking for Advice

shooter28shooter28 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hello all,

New to this forum, I'm from the Toronto area, 33 years old.

I enjoy playing the horses, relatively new to thoroughbreds, mostly I like to play the standard breds.

I mostly play for recreation, and don't bed a lot of money, maybe $4 to $6 a race. What kind of bets do you think I should play. I was thinking of 3 types:

I could play $2 across on a horse or, box 3 horses for the exactor at $1 or key a horse on top with 3 behind for the tri for $1.

Basically my goal is just to try and walk out of the OTB with a little more than I started with, so I guess what I'm asking is which type of bet do you guys think I should stick with.

Cheers,

Shooter.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Wagering strategy is based on personal preference. The only advice i would give you is to stay away from show betting.

I bet almost exclusively to win, probably because i don't play a lot of races, and therefore i don't like to get involved in Pick 3's and such. As far as single-race exotics, i don't like the idea of my horse winning, and still losing money on the race because the wrong horse ran second or third. Especially when i don't have as strong an opinion on the secondary contenders to begin with.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Could not agree more...