DraynayDraynay Banned
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Rachel's Sandbox - New York Racing Association

Everything you want to know about the 2009 HOY. :clap2:

Comments

• DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey Dray,
    Found another site i see. I swear after you left the first few blogs after it was like i became the new you, lol. What do you think of RA not going to the BC? I actually am happy, maybe they'll move it to real dirt next time. I think the Travers will bring out a lot of ppl. You'll have all three winners of the TC races, MM, QR, POTN, and last but not least the amazing RA!!! That will be a race to watch, especially between her and QR, who would you pick between them?
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Lol... you know I love Quality Road but ... no feet no horse. What Big Brown did last year was simply amazing and it will take many years for people to realize what that horse did on paper feet. I will go with Rachel until someone proves they can catch her.

I have yet to find a single handicapper that would pick Zenyatta's Pride over Rachel in a match race. Everyone says Zenyatta's Pride would need a rabbit. Well..... if your saying she needs help is there any doubt who the better horse is ?

Every time Rachel runs this year you will be seeing history in the making so I am going to be cheering her on the rest of the year no matter who she faces. ..... unless of course Big Brown comes out of retirement ....lol...
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Well Dray Now you've found one. I would take Zenyatta any day, anytime, any track. But of course we'll never see it, cause RA's people will not allow it. Heck they said they're not running inthe Breeders Cup. Who are they ducking? That's right you got it. (Zenyatta) I don't need to say no more. And if Quality Road doesn't get a prep race under his belt, he'll get beat. What do you think the Mother Goose is? Nothing but a prep race. Justwhistledixie not in and niether is the New Star, for me, Ever Always. I'd like to see a match race with RA and her @ a mile. RA would not keep up. Done.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    cinfront,
    The only way in a race for Zen to beat a quality speed horse like RA is to get a rabbit, and even that may not work since she can sit off the pace if she wants. Zen cant stay more than five lengths from her and hope to win, and if she gets to close her closing kick will evaporate.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Don't forget that Zenyatta faced Hystericalady in a small field last year where Hystericalady was the lone speed. Many people picked Hystericalady that day because of her pace advantage, but Zenyatta blew right past her in the stretch just as she always does. It's true that a match race would favor Rachel's running style, but i wouldb't put it past Zenyatta to blow right past her in the stretch. That's what she does. And besides, a match race is a moot point because it's never going to happen.

PS - I thought it was incredible that Zenyatta went off @ 1/9 (or whatever it was) against Life is Sweet last time. That is one outstanding filly, and although she ran another excellent race, Zenyatta crushed her anyway. Hatrd to say she's any better than last year, but she sure didn't look any worse. Looking forward to seeing her in the Vanity this weekend.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey man, that's just it, Zenyatta dosen't need a thing. She hits the 6f mark in 1:09's and that's when she starts to run. RA doesn't even stand a chance.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    Hysterical Lady hated the track. Let her beat her on beat a horse that actually likes the track and has the speed.