RA staying east

DanipDanip Member
edited June 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Thank God is all i have to say. It is rediculous that they run the cup on an untested surface two years in a row. I'm glad RA is staying out, now she can go in races like the Travers and JCGC, which should be a big attendece boost. Her staying out of the cup will be better overall than her actually going and struggling over that fake stuff.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    How would running in the Breeders Cup prevent RA from running in the Travers and/or the JCGC?

And what makes anyone think that Rachel wouldn't like the Pro-Ride? She's run very well over a wide variety of surfaces already.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited June 2009
    Its not the point.... she can establish herself as one of the greatest ever by winning the Mother Goose, Travers, and Alabama. Why step on the Poly if you can cement your legend where prior legends have. The Jockey Gold.... wow... that would be nuts huh....
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    Discreet I don't want her over west because i hate that plastic crap, all we need is dirt and turf. Also why must the Cup be the be all end all. For a filly to win the Travers, and JCGC in addition to the Preakness and possibly the TT she will become one of the most accomplished fillies, how many others have done all that in one season? JJ also is right by saying that he can run her in the Classic next year, for one it's on dirt, two on her favorite track, so why not weight? Zenyatta's connections can keep on babying her, but unless they step up, five races in one state against only fillies is not going to get you HOTY.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Danip, just relax. You make it sound like RA already ran inthe Travers and TJGC and won. Those are all if's. If this , If that. I'll give you a good if with a fact. If Zenyatta is ready for the Travers and her connection decides to ship her over for it, RA's connection will not run her in it. I can guaranteeee that. Like I said before Zenyatta dosen't need any other hosres, in a race, to beat RA. It's just that simple. RA would still have to run her 6f in a 1:09 to be right there with Zen. Then be able to sustain her bid down the strech. Honestly, man I know she can't do it. That defeat would kill her chances for HOY, so her connections will avoid the confrontation with Zenyatta by avoiding her inthe Breeders Cup. Again it's just that simple. It's horse business. Can you blame the connection, of both Horses, in keeping their stock at top dollar. No, again it's horse business. Both Horses are great and good for racing. Will we ever see them race each other, maybe not. But you, as an RA fan, must really look at their past performance and handicap the race, without bias, and you will come to the conclusion. Zenyatta would win the race.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Zenyatta is not eligible for the Travers...it's restricted to 3yo's.
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah you're right. But I think he got the point.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    In what race did Zen hit six furlongs in 1.09, before her move. Also was she in front by the time she hit that point in the race. If not see how many lengths back she was then add 1/5 of a second for every length back she is to the time that was established by the horse in front. That will tell you what her time was.