edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
wow what a filly Rachael Alexandra is a super filly
just broke the track record 1.46.33 an won by about 20L
:yes: an calvin wan't even using the whip :peace:

funny race but exciting to RA :clap2:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    The track was clearly running extremely fast today, but it was a helluva performance by Rachel Alexandra nevertheless. Fun to watch.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    I do not care how fast the track was she was being geared down during the final eighth and still got the record. Plus she broke Ruffians record of the margin won. She was also three lengths of a hot pace. 22 3/5 44 3/5 1.08 4/5, 1.33 3/5. Her times would roughly be 23 1/5, 45 1/5, 1.09 2/5, and 1.33 4/5. The chart said she was about 1 length back at the mile. Her final time was 1.46 1/5. That means she got that last furlong in roughly 12.4 seconds geared down. That's not just because a fast track, thats unreal talent. Zen had me worried for a minute there, but she kicked it into gear. I'll tell ya what they might want to consider the colts cause those hanicappers will be making her carry the grandstand soon.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    come on now...she was 4 tenths off of big reds record.....the track was blazing and even you would of been able to run past the other 2.........
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2009
    Danip wrote: »
    I do not care how fast the track was she was being geared down during the final eighth and still got the record. Plus she broke Ruffians record of the margin won. She was also three lengths of a hot pace. 22 3/5 44 3/5 1.08 4/5, 1.33 3/5. Her times would roughly be 23 1/5, 45 1/5, 1.09 2/5, and 1.33 4/5. The chart said she was about 1 length back at the mile. Her final time was 1.46 1/5. That means she got that last furlong in roughly 12.4 seconds geared down. That's not just because a fast track, thats unreal talent. Zen had me worried for a minute there, but she kicked it into gear. I'll tell ya what they might want to consider the colts cause those hanicappers will be making her carry the grandstand soon.

you right ,i saw her easing up but still going fast i'm not sure if thats correct but slowing down
    an still going fast :surrender:
    the only thing that can beat RA is Distance an thats going to be hard also:clover:
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited June 2009
    rayphil,
    She ran her last furlong eased in 12.6 seconds, i miscalculated in my post above. I don't care if the track was pavement a normal horse does not run the fractions she did then run her final furlong that fast.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited July 2009
    KP,
    Distance i don't think will be too much of a problem. In the Preakness she was busting her but up front against BD, who is a quality speed horse. She was also very wide going into the first turn. If she gets an easy lead, or rates off the pace, which she can do, she should be fine.
    edited July 2009
    KP,
    Distance i don't think will be too much of a problem. In the Preakness she was busting her but up front against BD, who is a quality speed horse. She was also very wide going into the first turn. If she gets an easy lead, or rates off the pace, which she can do, she should be fine.

She's great in her own class, but after the preakness the way the Boys were closing she would of been caught @ Belmont ,we would never know it,but the race shows it.

Very Exciting Filly/race:cool2:
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited July 2009
    KP,
    I don't think she'll get caught. She wasn't really ever trained to take on the level of competion the colts offered, and did very well to run like she did. The reason i think she didn't run i the Belmont is not because she was tired, but because fitness wise Jackson and SA didn't think she was ready for that level of competion. I believe that when she runs against them next time she'll be ready to rock and roll no matter the distance.
    edited July 2009
    KP,
    I don't think she'll get caught. She wasn't really ever trained to take on the level of competion the colts offered, and did very well to run like she did. The reason i think she didn't run i the Belmont is not because she was tired, but because fitness wise Jackson and SA didn't think she was ready for that level of competion. I believe that when she runs against them next time she'll be ready to rock and roll no matter the distance.

haha i like your point of view :yes:

training/practice =distance :cool2: