RA and Zen will never meet

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Interesting article. Moss seems to indicate that Zenyatta may indeeed run in the Classic this year, as i speculated in the other thread.

The other thing i find interesting here is that Moss immediately comes out and says he won't ship Zenyatta to New York after yesterday's quote from the NYRA executive saying that they might be willing to offer an incentive.

Is it possible Moss is just posturing here, in order to get NYRA to sweeten the pot? He even went so far as to say "we remain open", almost inviting NYRA to contact him.

As far as meeting RA after the Breeders Cup (i'm assuming roughly a month later), that seems strange because obviously Zenyatta would be cranked for her top effort at the Breeders Cup, and might be prone to regress if running back shortly thereafter. Whereas RA would have the luxury of pointing at the Zenyatta race, at least if it were known beforehand that they would face each other.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    They are both good horses but what's the big deal if they run against each other, it wouldn't prove a damn thing, they have completely two different styles of running, a match race would be completely out of the question. If they did run a horse like Rachel that can control a race would be the bet.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Agree regarding the match race. Zenyatta's late-running style is not conducive to that at all. I don't think anyone is talking about a match race though; i doubt Moss/Shirreffs would be interested due to the afore-mentioned reasons.

Btw, speaking of Zenyatta/Shirreffs, i found it very interesting that Life is Sweet didn't run in the Vanity. Looks like Shirreffs may indeed be pointing her at the Hollywood Gold Cup vs. males.