Horse Racing - Saturday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 4

#3 Anewday (3/1 ml)

Half-brother to the outstanding turf mare Tout Charmant worked a quarter in 21.1 prior to bringing $1 million at the Fasig-Tipton sale. Big, imposing colt is reportedly looked like a 3yo back in February, and is supposeely a "class act". Might just be out gfor theexcercise here (his trainer Matz doesn't fare well with firsters), but the colt cleraly has quality and is currently 5/1 with about 15 mtp. Top 2yo rider Bejarano aboard. Worth a shot.

HRT record:

24 for 74 (32%)

$235.50 mutuels ($9.81 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2007
    Anewday went off @ 9/2 and ran out.

I paid close attention to the replays and it looked to be a clear education run, although Bejarano was whipping him in the stretch (while well-beaten) and wasn't getting much response. He made a sharp-looking move while attempting to circle the field though. Looks to have some talent.
    edited September 2007
    Del Mar - Race 8

#1 Johnny Eves (5/2 ml)

Powerful strider looked fantastic in his last race, and has been training better than ever coming into this one. Looks pretty tough.

Del Mar - Race 9

#3 Black Mamba (8/1 ml)

Filly from the yet-unbeaten (5-for-5) Sadler/Doubledown combo has a big turn of foot that should serve her well here. Big future for this filly, i think. Reminds me a lot of her stablemate Crossing The Line. Incidentally, the 7/5 favorite Price Tag has been scratched. That will greatly affect the price, but there should still be excellent value.
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for posting. Good luck.
    edited September 2007
    Betting the '2' like he could win for fun. Hope he doesnt like the Poly.
    edited September 2007
    Two good runs. Black Mamba simply no pace to run at. How do you (as a field) let a 2/5 shot just sit up front with no pace pressure?

Oh well. Thanks for posting always.
    edited September 2007
    That's why she was 2/5, she had a pace advantage. I still thought Black Mamba could run her down though. Almost did...

Johnny Eves went off @ 2/1 and ran second.

Black Mamba went off @ 5/1 and ran second.
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, i gotcha. Kind of a stupid question then, i guess.

Thanks for a couple of good sweats today :).

Good luck tommorrow.