Argentine Oaks winner debuts for Frankel today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Thoroughbred Times:

Miss Match (Arg), winner of the Gran Premio Seleccion (Arg-G1) (Argentine Oaks) last November, is poised for her first start in North America on Friday in the eighth race at Belmont Park.

The four-year-old Indygo Shiner filly will race for new owners Roy and Gretchen Jackson and trainer Bobby Frankel for the first time in the one-mile optional claiming event.

The Jacksons’s Lael Stables purchased Miss Match following a third-place finish in the Copa de Plata (Arg-G1) on turf at San Isidro on December 6. She scored by three lengths on the dirt at Palermo on November 15 in the $302,000 Gran Premio Seleccion.

United Arab Emirates Oaks winner Devotee also is slated for Friday’s race off a 13th-place finish in the One Thousand Guineas (Eng-G1) on May 3 at Newmarket for Godolphin Racing.

Since joining assistant trainer Rick Mettee’s string at Belmont, Devotee has posted two bullet workouts. She raced in the United States last year for Darley Stable and trainer Tom Albertrani.

In her two juvenile starts, she won a maiden race at Saratoga Race Course and finished third to Dream Empress in the Darley Alcibiades Stakes (G1) at Keeneland Race Course.

Color Me Up, a close second to Seattle Smooth in the one-mile Shuvee Handicap (G2) on May 16, is another contender for Friday’s race. In her most recent start, Color Me Up finished sixth in the Ogden Phipps Handicap (G1) on June 13.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Miss Match was scratched from this race last month, and will instead make her debut today @ Saratoga.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    What is the M/L on her?
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Race 7, ML is 8-1
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    really didnt run at all...may of needed the race....
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    The last Argentine filly i remember Frankel having was Miss Terrible. She had a fair amount of success, but not nearly as much as i was expecting. Not sure what to make of this one just yet, but it was a less-than-auspicious debut.