3yr old Sprinters Looking Good

DanipDanip Member
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I've heard many things about this crop of three year old, ranging from it's one of the best we've had for a long time, this was before all the injuies, and then it's one of the weakest in recent history. I would actually say this crop still has hope, and that hope is coming from the sprinters. Munnings and Zensational both beat their elders today on different coasts and did it impressively. This years crop is looking not only to be a very good one but a well rounded one aswell.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    The Zensational race hurt quite a bit, as i had the 2-3 finishers Noble Court and Rush With Thunder boxed in an exacta. I should've played the trifecta as well, it paid over $100 for a buck.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited July 2009
    Sorry, for your luck discreet, and i really mean that, i'm not being sarcastic. I though Zensational would have a good shot if he got the lead and Baffert had been raving about him before the race, saying he was really maturing mind an body. He said he had filled out and gotten thicker. So normally when a trainer talks like that about a horse i'll look into them, and he proved me right today. Munnings looked good too, granted only against three others but they DBS and Riley Tucker aren't half bad horses.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Zensational was one of my biggest wagers this year for my partner and I, We had to go to the OTB to make that wager on him and was also going to pop Munning before Beatie bitched out and scratched him. These 3you colts look strong but it shows how weak the the older ones are. My friend called me at the OTB and he was watching TVG and he said Ron Ellis was saying Munnings and Zensational shouldn't be running against elders, and both blew them out of the water. This biggest overlay this weekend was Monteray Jazz against that weak field and how overrated in WTS? I missed that one and I'm still sick about it. FAbolus Strike will put some pressure on Zensational in the BC Spring if they both make it. Zensational might be more manageable by then. I will be in contaft with Bobby B on that, he told us this week if he could run the first 1/2 in 22 or 23 we would be home free. I can tell you one thing about this gentleman I meet him 3 years back and he is one classy guy and gets a bad rap from the envious ones.

fb