Friday night play from Discreet Picks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 5

#6 Allaboutimage (7/2 ml)

Latest New Zealand import from the Sadler/Doubledown tandem. Obviously, we've had a ton of success with this angle, the most recent example being Angus ($21.40) back on April 26. I've lost track of the American-debut win percentage for these Doubledown entrants, but i know it's well over 50%, with several of the winners becoming stakes horses (Crossing The Line, Black Mamba, Belmont Cat). Even one of the losers, Royal Taat, came back to score a huge win in her second American start. Also, at least three that i can remember (Parmar Day, Crossing The Line, Angus) scored their wins over this same Hollywood turf-sprint course). Hard not to like this one.

HRT record:

59 for 205 (29%)

$488.40 mutuels ($8.42 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    I played Linda Lou the #2, the winner looks real on the weeds, I see a stake race next out at Del Mar. Are you heading over to Del Mar this year?

fb
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Agreed, the winner looks much improved on grass.

Allaboutimage was coming fast late but got stopped behind a wall oh horses. Late-running style seemed typical of the Doubledowns, which isn't exactly a positive heading into the 5-furlong Del Mar turf sprints, which are generally dominated by speed. Clearly has some run, but may be at a disadvantage next time out. Royal Taat found the Del Mar course too short last year; I believe I referenced that in the Horses to Watch thread.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    DC, do you like the card tomorrow at HW, and how many plays are you releasing to your customers.

fb
    edited July 2009
    I haven't gotten to that yet. Just got done with the maiden turf race at Belmont. One play there so far. I'll likely have at least a couple at Calder tomorrow as well. Pretty standard on Summit of Speed day. I'll email you when I'm done and let you know how many plays there are altogether.
    edited August 2009
    Agreed, the winner looks much improved on grass.

Allaboutimage was coming fast late but got stopped behind a wall oh horses. Late-running style seemed typical of the Doubledowns, which isn't exactly a positive heading into the 5-furlong Del Mar turf sprints, which are generally dominated by speed. Clearly has some run, but may be at a disadvantage next time out. Royal Taat found the Del Mar course too short last year; I believe I referenced that in the Horses to Watch thread.

Allaboutimage is entered in Race 2 @ Del Mar today. Still think today's distance may be a problem, but her race looks much worse on paper than it actually was, and she should offer some value today.