"Jockeys" soon to begin Season 2 on Animal Planet

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
from Inside Horse Racing:

Good news for those who enjoyed the premiere season of the docu-drama "Jockeys" -- the second season will debut on Aug. 21 with two new riders -- two-time Eclipse Award winner Garrett Gomez and Corey Nakatani -- joining the original six of Mike Smith, Alex Solis, Joe Talamo, Aaron Gryder, Chantal Sutherland and Kayla Stra.

The show will increase from 30 minutes to an hour this season and include new storylines outlined by Animal Planet:

Gomez -- Viewers discover how well-respected this guy is because of the way he's battled back from the depths of despair to the pinnacle of the profession. He's first class all the way.

Nakatani -- Known for his short fuse and fierce competitiveness, he's featuerd prominently on the first episode, which airs at 10 p.m.

Smith -- We'll learn more about his exploits aboard the super mare Zenyatta and also find out how his girlfriend's (Sutherland) decision to move back to Woodbine Park in Toronto affects their relationship.

Solis -- The roller-coaster ride that was The Pamplemousse's 3-year-old season is showcased as the veteran native of Panama hopes to ride his first Kentucky Derby winner.

Talamo -- Only 19 and already approaching the top of his profession, "Smokin' Joe" hopes that I Want Revenge can lead him to the winner's circle at Churchill Downs.

Gryder -- Always in search of his signature mount, Gryder travels across the globe to ride Well Armed in the $6 million Dubai World Cup. Finally, he's found that horse he hopes puts him on the map as a rider.

Sutherland -- The best female jockey since Julie Krone wants to win the Kentucky Derby and ride some live Breeders' Cup horses. Will her decision to return to Woodbine Park in search of those goals adversely affect her relationship with Smith?

Stra -- The Australian native continues to get precious few mounts, most of which go postward at boxcar odds. Is she tough enough, possess the needed patience to stick it out?

The first season was very enjoyable, and we can only hope the encore is as good if not better. We'll find out beginning Aug. 21.

Comments

• topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    Great Show!! Loved watching the behind the scenes stuff that goes on. Cant wait for the new season.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited July 2009
    Good to hear, even my wife liked it.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I can do without the fake race calls, but aside from that I like the show.