Record Keeping

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I consider myself a above average handicapper,but im Godly awful when it comes to record keeping, my wagers ,my horses to watch list,my trip notes,bias notes..etc..Does anyone have a simple(not too time consuming way of record keeping)..

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I just write everything down in a notebook. Horses to watch, i post here sometimes, and you're welcome to use that thread as well. Trip notes are sometimes included in the Horses to Watch comments, but i often just commit them to memory. Then i can refresh my memory via the replays when the horse is entered again. I don't get too involved in bias handicapping, unless it's really blatant.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited July 2009
    As far as wagering log,,any suggestions?Do you know your wins and losses at the end of the year?And do you have a racing season schedule?For example do you take any time off?Any meet in which you get ready for specifically?My time off is after the breeders cup..I set my sight on the gulfstream meet,and get myself ready for the triple crown run..On more thing does this forum hold Handicapping contest for the members(friendly)?Thanks for the replies..WHEN TRYING TO GET EVEN AT THE TRACK,,,,YOU GET EVEN WORSE!!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    I use a notebook...w2w
    edited July 2009
    Meets that i get ready for specifially? Saratoga. I can't wait for next week.

Del Mar opening tomorrow isn't too shabby either.
    edited July 2009
    Saratoga,,ok..what makes you a better handicapper at the spa then say..any other track you play..angles,luck,trends,2 year old racing/shippers...i saw your website pretty good stuff.You have use notebooks for needs to racing,why not a computer wouldnt it be easier?
    edited July 2009
    I like Saratoga because there's a plethora of good 2yo racing throughout the meet, and that's what i specialize in. The vast majority of my Saratoga plays are on the baby races.

Regarding notebooks vs. computers, i've just never felt comfortable using spreadsheets. If you're computer savvy, then by all means, use a computer.
    edited July 2009
    Trainers have been known to prep there horses in there racing debut(at a different track) to get them ready to break there maiden at Saratoga,,Shug,Zito