Ready's Image in the Hopeful

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited September 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Very doubtful i can bet this one, but it's worth mentioning regardless. Huge showdown here between division leader Ready's Image and the up-and-comer Maimonides. The latter is a half-brother to the star colts El Corredor and Roman Ruler (also trained by Baffert). That one was bet down to 1/2 in his debut and will no doubt have some support here, but Ready's Image is a powerful, powerful young sprinter who has no chink in his armor (unless the track were to come up sloppy). He towers over Maimonides in terms of foundation (no small matter at this 7-furlong distance), and has already kicked the shit out of the stringest 2yo field assembled all year. He even drew the outside here which will allow him to lay outside Maimonides, giving him positional advantage on his main foe. It's also worth mentioning that Pletcher (who trains Ready's Image) has The Leopard sitting in the barn, and that one would've been a HUGE contender here. Pletcher must be highly confident that Ready's Image will win, otherwise The Leopard would very likely be entered here.

Again, it's highly doubtful i can back Ready's Image here, but if Maimonides pulls enough money to bring Ready's image into the 4/5 range, i'll gladly take it.

Comments

• choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    Remember that Race Maimonides bet down to 1/5 and made it look like a bargain. Thanks for the heads up as always bro.

GL and Good Racing :drinking: