Empty Wallets on the July 29th @ Solano

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Steve Crist wrote a article a month ago on a horse named Sovereign Fund.The horse was coming off a 8 month layoff,he was a maiden facing nwx1,and hadnt picked up his feet in his only two starts on the turf.......AND HE WAS ONLY 6-1(his previous 2 starts he was LONGGG)..,AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS HE WAS RUNNING 1 1/4.The race was runned and he made a winning move (against winners ) around the turn ,,and as expected he tired..the trainer was neil drydale.. who got the horse from Tagg..
Last friday he was entered in a dirt race against MSW,,to my surprised Drydale had switched surface,the horse was bred up the wazoo for grass...???Why??
Well the horse got scratched from the race,,and i waited eagerly to see where the horse will show up...Well guess what ,,,,,,the horse is entered at Solano in the 7th race on the turf against MSW....Why Solano Mr.Drysdale??Anything over 5/2 is stealing..
ONE MORE THING THE RACE HE CAME OUT OFF HAS PRODUCED ONE WINNER ALREADY..DID ANYONE SAY KEY RACE.....ENJOY THE VICTORY ...PROCEED WITH CAUTION ONLY IF THE ODDS ARE RIGHT...

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    I don't really follow that meet, but i don't remember Drysdale ever running a horse at Solano before. Very strange. I do remember him being entered-and-scratched recently, blinkers off and he had drawn the far outside.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited July 2009
    Yep you must really follow your horses if you knew that..i received a entry note from equibase stating the horse is running at solano..strange..any reason why??can he be scratched again?
    edited July 2009
    The horse is entered at SANTA ROSA in the 7th at a mile..my bad!!
    edited July 2009
    Looks like he's drawn the far outside post again.
    edited July 2009
    The final entry is in...any opinion on the race,Dont know too much about Santa Rosa is drawing outside going to be a problem...cutting back from 1 1/4 to mile to me isnt a big deal, plus drysdale takes the blinkers off..Where can you bet Santa Rosa..does TVG accept wagers,i live in tampa and they dont simulcast Santa Rosa ..Any suggestions?
    edited July 2009
    I'm not familiar with Santa Rosa either, but it's one of the Fair tracks so the layout figures to be smaller than normal, meaning sharper turns. If that's the case though, then there might be a bit of a run into the first turn, as opposed to a normal-type mile race where the starting gate sits right near the turn. Whatever the case though, drawing the far outside post at a flat mile is not gonna be good. If thats' the reason he scratched @ Hollywood, then i would expect he'll scratch here as well. In any event, the fact that Drysdale would bypass Del Mar for a Santa Rosa start probably isn't the best sign in the world.
    edited July 2009
    Thanks.. ,but i always wonder how come trainers enter a horse in a race knowing he is going to scratch the horse.Any thoughts?Any secondly why Santa Rosa?
    edited July 2009
    Drysdale has the favorite in the race that horse has drawn inside,,,,he has 2 horses and i bet your right hes going to scratch him again.....2 months ago i had a huge wager on Cap The Thunder..ran huge race..was much the best that day,,,i noted that the horse will likely show up at the SPA,,scratched several times at Belmont...hmmmm.HE'S RUNNING OPENING DAY AT SARATOGA..Watch carefully
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the heads-up on Cap The Thunder, i'll be sure and take a look.
    edited July 2009
    Did you bet him ? I had $100 win and had him in pick 3's and pick 4's.Im done for the meet it knocked me out,,at 12-1 i wont be able to get over it...Until next time Amigo!!