Ten money makers at Delmar 7/26/09

bigga1bigga1 Member
edited July 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Race1#4......tred ligtly
Race2#7
Race3#10
Race4#s4&7 bet to win.
Race5#1....10/1 the track handicapper must be sleeping.
Race6#6
Race7#8.....Lone closer,hope its not a slow pace....
Race8#7.....2/2 at the distance.
Race9#10.....3yr looks like ready to explode.
Race10#5........5/89exacta&reverse.

Good luck.Make money and see at the short line.

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    That was a good day! Hopefully you hit a couple exotics!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Nice call on Dewey's Special in the 8th. I gave out the second-place finisher, Nitro Active.
  • bigga1bigga1 Member
    edited July 2009
    I can pick them with the best of them and sometimes better than the so called best handicappers,but my problem is i am leaving thousands and thousands on the table.Handicapping is not my problem,my problem is betting which is 75% of the sport .Please somebody help me and i will help you with your handicapping.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2009
    If you can consistently pick winners, i would just stick to win betting and forget about all the peripheral stuff. But that's just me.
  • laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    bigga1 wrote: »
    my problem is betting which is 75% of the sport .Please somebody help me and i will help you with your handicapping.

I generally have two "banks"

My best bets I tend to go straight win ... from my large "bank"

My secondary bank is for my "play" money - races where i probably shouldn't have a bet - but feel the need to put some money down to make the race interesting ... my "play" bets generally are win/pl/show ... exacta's or pick 4's ...

I've not been handicapping here in the US for too long. I am from the UK originally so am only just getting into my handicapping over here ... i'm still trying to pick up tips and pull together what factors are most important here on the US tracks ... most of my UK experience does not seem to transfer well to racing over here :)

Its like a whole new challenge .. i'm enjoying it for now .. in a few weeks i'll look to start getting serious.

I'll have to start posting my picks here to see how I do from day to day and so I can track my progress ... it'll keep me honest .... if they are here in black and white there is no "forgetting" the one that don't do quite so well ;)
  • bigga1bigga1 Member
    edited July 2009
    I sacrificed the last seven months of my life to finding the secret to this game and i did.Now that i have found the secret and picking winners consistently i sit there in disbelief ,and cant bring myself to wager,lets say $100.I also think it could be the fear of loosing.Here it is i am told by pros that if you can make 20% return on investment that you can make a living.How true is this Discreet, because my records are showing me a 40+roi.How can i loose my fear,how do i become fearless.
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited July 2009
    I am gettinga seperate bank account just for the ponies. that way i only play off of that. two or three of those winners at 3-1 and you have yourself a nice bankroll. gotta bet big to win big. that doesn't mean exotics. if you are confident unload. pick your spots and give it a whirl. just don't change up your handicapping if you miss a race or two. rarely does that work. although last year it did in the handicappin tourny here at oaklawn. the last place guys all but on this horse that was 40-1 and hit. it was a desperation play and they ended up being the top guys that got the trip to vegas. that was pretty much LUCK. desperation plays usually don't work. keep with what you are doing and maybe slowly increase your betting amount as you increase your bankroll. now all of this comes from a 22 year old, but getting that seperate account will be the best thing i have ever done. any time i get below a certain dollar amount i start really concentrating on my capping because i know i have slacked off. keep it up bigga!