Take A Clean Shot in the 4th at the SPA

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Im 0-1 at the spa...had a tough loss with Cap The Thunder opening day at 12-1..
So here we go...The 4th race at Saratoga is a MSW with a bunch of well bred 3 yr olds..The morning line favorite is 4-1,,Soda Jerk...The betting public could have him..as i look further into the race i see Eagle Strike whos has burn the public 's money half the time as the favorite..Which leads me down to 2 horses..First horse is Colors Flying by far the best bred horse in the field A.P.Indy colt out of champion mare Storm Flag Flying..Trainer Shug..on a previous thread i wrote about trainers giving there horses a prep race before the SPA meet opens,,then they fire there second time out..Shug has done it . Flying had a absolute eventful trip his only start...broke slow was never in contention until the top of the strech,,then he had started his run waaaaaay to late,he finished 3rd but it was a obvious prep race race ,,the rider that day R.Fuentes,,,,,,the rider today J.Velasquez..This horse is a dead stone closer ,,but the horse worked a 59.3 from the gate besting 1/20..hmmm.a closer working that fast//and on top of all this he stretches out to the ideal distance of 7f...Like lee corso would say not so fast my friend..Clean Shot the other horse in the race is my pick..His first time out he ran against Colors Fying showed good speed then tired..ever since that race Clean Shot has Improved 2nd time out ran against Convocation one of the co-favorites in the Jim Dandy and closed that race to finish 3rd,,then he ran against a Dutrow Monster Burleys Gold and ran his best race to date (7f) 81 beyer..Jerkens then stretched him out to a mile and Clean Shot ran evenly against a speed bias track ,,the winner Ricoriatoa is a speed freak out of SMARTY JONES..Clean Shot is back at 7f and Mr.Jerkens puts the blinkers on to keep the horse closer to the pace....ok heres the bet $125 to win on Clean Shot.$50 win on Colors Flying..im using the horses up and down in exactas..After collecting i will await CONVOCATION in the JIM DANDY..Enjoy the races fellow cappers!!!