A few to look at today ...

laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I can't get past Rachel Alexandra to win at
Monmouth - R13 - #6

I also liked
Arlington - R5 - #1 - Ash

and had a mark to watch out for
Los Alamitos - R8 - #2 - Fire First Down ...
.. but have been trying to avoid the quarter horse sprints .. though this one should win tonight.

others to watch for ...

Finger Lakes - R4 - #8
Charles Town - R9 - #8
Fort Erie - R8 - #2
Emerald - R1 - #4
Arapahoe - R8 - #7

If I do half as well as I did yesterday - i'll be a very happy man.

Good Luck all.

:thumbup1:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I also couldn't get past Rachel in the Haskell. Munnings is interesting, obviously, but his only other two-turn race resulted in a career-worst effort, so it's impossible to give him any kind of edge over Rachel Alexandra at today's distance. Summer Bird figures hard-pressed to win today based on the ground he'll be giving away to Rachel early, and Papa Clem has gone off-form of late. The race is a definite pass for me, much as i would've liked to post a Haskell selection on my site today.
  • laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    At 4/5 she is a big bet .. at 1/5 maybe not so much ...

That's the one thing I cannot get used to over here yet ... I so miss the "fixed odds" betting that we had in the UK ... the ability to "take the price" at any time ... probably gave the punter an extra 10% margin ...

The amount of times this last few weeks I've made my selections and then seen a 2-1 or 3-1 morning line horse go off at 2/5 or 1/5 is frightening.
    edited August 2009
    Another good day so far for me today 5 from 7 with just one left to go following 6 from 9 yesterday.

Thought I would add another though ... I just spotted

Mountaineer - Race 7 - #3 - Sterling Emblem.
    We might get a price as this one is coming back from a lay-off.

After her last layoff this one came out and won by 10 lengths so she should not have a problem here after a long break. The #7 is the one to worry about if ours is not quite fit enough for this race .. but I think she should be.
  • Steve19036Steve19036 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the picks you have been hot the last 2 days i rode along with 100 $ win bets on your Arlington Park selection as well as the 3 at Mountaineer. Thanks again not too bad of a payout either both payed 4.80 lol 280 profit off of 2 picks thanks
    edited August 2009
    Having had another look at the Los Alimitos race .. i'm going to take my money and run for the day ...

6 winners from 8 runners should be good enough for anyone ... I don't need to chase anything and I really don't like the sprint races .. so i'm going to call it good for today and start looking at tomorrows cards.

:)

:drinking:

Night all.

(I think i'm getting the hang of this US handicapping now ... I know lots of people like to beat the favorite ... but I like 'em ... the trick is not picking the ones that are going to lose.)