Another big win for Rachel Alexandra

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Just left Munnings and Summer Bird in the dust today. She had the preferred trip of the three, being on the outside part of the speed duel, but super-impressive nevertheless.

Always seems to run her race too, regardless of the change in venue. She's a winner at 7 different tracks now, with two wins on muddy tracks and another win on synthetic.

Comments

• bbixlerbbixler Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    Where's Draynay....LOL
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    DC RA has a long way before being called great,,heres why..Jordan had Malone,Barkely.Magic,,clyde,,Steffi Graff had Seles,Magic had Bird,Tiger has phil,Ruffian ran against great fillies,Bayakoa ..Princess Rooney,Personal Ensign,Ladys Secret,Go for wand,even Paseana...there were great fillies even LANDALUCE,,they all ran against great horses in there time...after watching Big Drama ,Munnings a sprinter,,and Mine that bird,im not sure if RA is running against any quality horses...Your input
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I think she's pretty great myself. She's beaten all comers this year, and done so convincingly in most cases. She's also stepped out of her division to beat males in a couple of Grade 1's, having to contest fast paces on both occasions. She's the goods, no doubt about it. I'm just pissed off that she didn't run in the Derby, because I had a future bet on her @ 125/1.

Still not sure she's quite as good as Zenyatta, but we'll probably never get to see them face each other anyway.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    Isnt greatness measured by who you beat.. this crop of 3 year olds are very average.
    edited August 2009
    I think it's partly a matter of Rachel making the other 3yo's look bad. But in any case, i don't think you can hold the horse responsible for who she's running against. It's completely beyond her control. Besides, Rachel has been running some very fast times, even with the Belmont and Monmouth surfaces playing fast. I can't find any fault with her myself, she's the best American 3yo filly in recent memory. Better than Rags to Riches, i'm pretty certain. Magnificience had a ton of potential a few years ago, and perhaps had as much talent (if not more), but her career was ruined by injury. She came back about a year later and was never the same. By comparison, Rachel looks like a tank. Never misses a start. It'll be a real shame if she passes on the Breeders Cup.
    edited August 2009
    Here's a video of the Haskell. What really strikes me here is when they're approaching the turn, you can see that both Munnings and Summer Bird are being pushed on pretty hard by their riders, whereas Borel is hardly moving at all aboard Rachel. You could tell the race was over right then. Just a fantastic filly.

YouTube - 2009 Haskell Invitational
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    RA is a Superv. Filly, her speed is Unmatched more in the mud it looks like she's faster in the mud , she don't even look like she's running thats how fast shes going it looks like she's skipping
    over the track full throttle, regardless what crop/contenders RA :clap:is Awesome :cool2:

She was just short of the track record...........
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited August 2009
    RA is great. DC is right she has beaten all comers this year. I would understand some of the claims saying she isn't great if she was running average or slow times but thats not the case. She has two stakes records this year, three total, and has just missed setting time records twice. Once in the Haskell and once in the KY oaks. Running 3 wide and getting the 3/4 in 1.09 and 4, then just pulling away from both Munnings and SB when everyone thought this would be her toughest test yet was nothing short of great. She is well on her way to becoming one of the greatest fillies to ever run. She will be just that if she continues her winning ways.