One I forgot .... Harness racing ... Aug 3rd.

laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Forgot this one that I had a note for ...

Grand River - R6 - #7 - Trottin' Troy.

Settled on the inside in 5th until the 1/2 mile post ... as he went to make his move he found himself blocked in as every other horse in the field went past him on the outside one by one ... once he got clear (after they had turned the final bend around 1 furlong from home) he came from the inside of the track ... all the way to the outside ... 5 wide .. and flew home from there just missing a place. As long as the driver gives him a better ride today he should go close.

Disclaimer:

As with the short quarter horse sprints .. (luck of the break) I don't know enough about or trust harness racing enough to make a judgement ... (I can't put serious money on any horse that is purposely being held back from going at it's top speed .. It just goes against everything I've taught myself about horse racing over the past 25+ years) but i can recognize a bad beat when I see one and this horse should have been closer. Might be worth a couple of dollars just to see what happens .. should go off at a big price. Unfortunately it's got the same driver on board this time.

If you have the ability to watch a re-run of his last race I'd be interested in your opinions on this one.