First week over at the SPA

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
DC did you see anything that cappers good look for at Saratoga now that the first week is over.I think Garcia is primed for another title,also it looks like maidens who already had a race seemed to haver a advantage over others

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    As mentioned previously, I think that Bulls and Bears and Not Macho Any More are definite horses to watch. I read some interesting quotes about those two from Violette yesterday, which I'll be posting a bit later.

Dave Litfin speculated the other day that perhaps Asmussen's second-time starters might be worth watching (he was outstanding with them at Saratoga last year), and that may indeed be accurate. He's already won with one of them, at 7/1 I think.

I mentioned the steeplechase angle yesterday, but who knows when that might turn up again.

One thing I've noticed so far is the outer paths seem to be playing well, but that could be a function of the weather so far, and subject to change.

I did read a very interesting quote from McLaughlin before the meet started, where he was asked if he had enough firepower to repeat as leading trainer this year. He stately flatly, "No". And he's not off to the best of starts, either. Something to keep in mind.