A horse to look at for Sunday

kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
to make a long story short, i was at Oaklawn a couple of weekends ago doing a little bit of simulcast and there was this guy that was sitting all by himself with no form or anything. he was just staring at the tv. i got to talking to him and he was the trainer for goldinthepocket. he said "last race, she faltered coming down the stretch but she wasn't really in tip top race shape. he was looking for a big race out of her that day and she was 13-1. he said, "she will be on the lead coming around the turn. i don't know if she can hang on but she will be up there." as soon as the gate opens she is instantly like 2 steps behind every other horse. by this time he was standing up saying, "come on baby get up there." coming around the turn she made a big move and got up to 2nd on the rail right behind the leader and faltered towards the very end to get 5th by about 3 lengths. he was RAGING mad. He was pissed off about the start and he was blaming it on the jockey and not being ready then down the stretch the jockey quit whipping her and he was super mad about that. nobody said a word because he was so pissed off. about 10 minutes later his arlington park assistant trainer called him and said "did you see what happened?" that question was ignored and he pretty much started yelling. after the yelling subsided he listened to what had actually happened at the start. the horse acted up a little in the gate and the jock took both feet out of the stirrups. he was saying, "whoa, whoa, whoa." but they opened the gate anyways. Neither one of his feet were in the stirrups for the first 5 or 6 steps. that made him feel a lot better, and I got my notification today that he is running in the 5th sunday at arlington. at 6-1, I am going to give her a shot. i jsut wanted to pass this story on. take it for what its worth. i think she will finish top 4 at least; it is just going to be a matter of will she hang on.

Comments