Mi Sueno a rising star?

SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
DC, MI Sueno was very impressive yesterday in the Sorrento.I had her bet the first two times out and lost,,she got me little bit of my money back yesterday...There was a article where her trainer said( before she even made her debut) That she will be a monster when she stretches out..Her daddy Pulpit was one of my favorites horses and her mom was a speed freak she is bred to be a star..Any opinion on her performance yesterday?
That leads me to my next question...How as a handicapper can we tell whether a trainer is using todays race as a prep?The trainer of Mi Sueno made a comment stating that he knew it would take her a couple of races to get it done..Thanks

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Sometimes it seems obvious, but generally that would either be when a known route horse is returning in a sprint, or when a trainer is terrible with firsters but much better second time out. In the case of Mi Sueno, you mention the breeding, and both her parents were impressive first-out winners (though Pulpit debuted as a 3yo). I also read the comnment about this horse suppsedly being better when stretcherd out to two turns, but again i found that pretty strange as her mom Madcap Escapade was a stone-cold sprinter. She did win around two turns at least once that i know of (@ Keeneland, i think), but she was clearly better around one turn. Time will tell with Mi Sueno, but clearly she's got some talent.
  • SobrenaturSobrenatur Junior Member
    edited August 2009
    by the way the Fronts were off for this race!