Saratoga play from Discreet Picks (Race 2)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 2

#1 Snap Happy (10/1 ml)

2yo firster for Dallas Stewart worked heads up on 3 seperate occasions at Churchill Downs (twice from the gate) with Encore Saritta, who scored a super-impressive debut win last week, and is unquestionably one of the fastest 2yo's on the grounds. Stewart has been very poor with first-time starters overall, but this one is way too enticing to pass up at what figures to be an outstanding price.

I also need to mention #5 Capital Adequacy (8/1 ml). I was reading a Daily Racing Form article about trainer Richard Violette recently (that featured a couple of our previous plays Not Macho Any More and Bulls and Bears), and i took note of this quote:

"Violette believes he has a few more maidens who could prosper at Saratoga, led by the filly Capital Adequacy, who could be ready for the middle or end of the meet."

Rather interesting, obviously. In contrast to Stewart, Violette excels with firsters, and if he says this is one of his better ones, that's good enough for me. I'll definitely be playing an exacta box here, and perhaps betting them both to win, depending on price.

HRT record:

59 for 211 (28%)

$496.20 $8.41)

Comments