What do you all think of Backtalk??

hardspunhardspun Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
What are your guys opinions on Backtalk?? He is a son of Smarty Jones and is out of the same dame as Bsharpsonata. I know he is tearing up the Graded Stakes for 2yr olds as we speak. I think he will be a very nice horse in the future, and probably the best 2yr old this year. He should also run good in the mud if he is anything like his half sister Bsharpsonata. She did well in the slop at Gulfstream last year.

Adam

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Tearing up the graded stakes for 2yo's? He just squeaked by in the Sanford. Nice colt, true, but personally I think he'll be overvalued next time out. I think Bulls and Beats was best in the Sanford; just my opinion. Time will tell as far as his stretchout ability goes.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited August 2009
    I like him a lot. I like the fact he has Affirmed on his dams side, then he's got speedy smarty as a father. The day of the Sanford i had heard the track wasn't being to kind to closers, and for him to be off the pace and close like he did is good. I also like that he doesn't mind a dog fight, guess he gets that from Affirmed. I like him a lot and also think he'll improve going into next year.