Mountaineer - Aug 16th

laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Trying to handicap the card again today to see if i'm any closer to figuring it out.

(This is as far as I have got so far ... will put the rest up later Take these at face value my handicapping has not been great so far.)

Race 1 - #8 - Double Shotgun.

Beat the 10 on its last start by one length but looked like it had more in hand. The 9 is the main danger - it also has the beating of the 10 horse here based on the last time they met.
If we can get around 5-1 here a Show bet should give us a small profit..

Race 2 - #10 - Chocolate knight - won over this course on the turf just 1/2 furlong shorter distance than todays trip ... he won that last race very well and should improve again today. He has placed 14/23 times over this distance and likes the turf track.
At a price of around 3-1 he will be a good Win/place bet.

Race 3 - #5 - Casey's Girl is the one they have to beat. The #5 beat the #4 last time out - I see no reason why that form should reverse in this race (same weight/trip/conditions here) The #1 could be the danger but that one has never gone further than 6f before today - i'm not sure that the #1 will get the trip.
I'd put a win/place on the #5 @ around 2-1 if we can get it.

Race four - no bet

Race 5 - I could not split three horses here
2 - 8 - 5 - I may go a small exacta Box on these three.

Comments

• laffingeyslaffingeys Senior Member
    edited August 2009
    I've just noticed that i'm certainly narrowing the field quite well - i'm just picking the wrong horse after watching the replays .... will see how the rest of the night goes .. but may try putting up my ratings for each race tomorrow to see how that goes ...

This is getting interesting now as I can see a pattern forming with the winner being in my top 3 rated horses a high percentage of the time - and a reasonable amount of times I also have the second up there in the top 3 ...

... time for more research ... I know i'm getting closer to something here .... i've got to crack this before I demolish a small rainforest with all of the paper i'm using ...

;)